Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 Engineer_Install Manual

paulbaker1954

Thanks for that, I can fully understand the industry position. I will talk to the engineer nicely when he comes and see if we can reach an sensible compromise. My cynical view however is that because he works for a major UK supplier that he will be incentivised to sell me a maintenance contract I dont really want!!

In the absence of any other information I think this is a sensible first point of call.

Speak with the installer they will come out and default the engineer code for your for a callout charge, you dont have to have the maintenance. You cant expect them to do this for free they probably have far to many people wanting to pay them to do stuff, so they wont be interested in doing anything for free.

I suspect that the previous homeowner was monitored which is why the system is asking for a reset, if it had been an audible only system you would not of had a problem

No sensible alarm co will tell you what their eng code is, and obtaining a manual will not help you if the engineer code is locked

May have been on responce at some time. Perhaps?

Last 2 posts are corect-system was on phone/police reponse but phone line is now disconnected

Speak with the installer they will come out and default the engineer code for your for a callout charge, you dont have to have the maintenance. You cant expect them to do this for free they probably have far to many people wanting to pay them to do stuff, so they wont be interested in doing anything for free.

I suspect that the previous homeowner was monitored which is why the system is asking for a reset, if it had been an audible only system you would not of had a problem

No sensible alarm co will tell you what their eng code is, and obtaining a manual will not help you if the engineer code is locked

Quite agree and I suspect the code is locked and have been advised that attempting a reset back to default on a locked out code will most likley fry the PCB

Get a new panel I would.

make sure its grades and you keep the reciept.

Then it could possibly be used if you did want police responce at a later date.

Possibly mind.

Last 2 posts are corect-system was on phone/police reponse but phone line is now disconnected

Quite agree and I suspect the code is locked and have been advised that attempting a reset back to default on a locked out code will most likley fry the PCB

It wont fry the PCB but defaulting the panel with a locked engineer code will give you an programed system with no means of programing it

yes you can lock the code on that panel, in your case an annoyance but from my point of view its an essential protection but why we do allow systems we have installed that have expired contract to have engineer access.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I would phone back the installer stating that you will pay the callout and want the eng code back to reset so it is your system.

He will probably state this in his worksheet and its job done.

The 595 is an excellent panel once you get your head round the programming side,,,,,yes....no.....yes 5 times and so on lol!

!

You are not required to take out a maint contract and ask before if he will give you the eng code of your choice.

If he agrees test and then pay the man.

If not tell him no code no work, no payment.

But make sure this is clear at the start.

totally agree with the sentiments, this is a toughy tbh what if the guy refuses to help, what can be done?

the new owner owns the system but has no service contract, so no leverage to force the issue. if he had a contract the the installer can refuse under t&c's.

if owner goes to court the installer can claim he has no duty to the new owner (and i think installer would likely win). based on that i can't see the trading standards being over keen or the OFT. the installer has not been paid anything and has no contract so no commitment .

be real short sighted to 'off' a possible new client ths way by the installer IMHO, but thats his choice it seems :(.

in his shoes i'd ring round a few local firms, tell hem the panel and see if they will do a 'one off', if he feels confident just buy another panel, than feel being held to ransom.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived