Security Installer Community

Problems with ADT Galaxy system

i presume the pa is not police response?

but there could be a sensible explanation, id be interested to know the outcome.

I assuem when you fully set it you went outside and the house was empty when you armed it?

also how did you disarm when you came back in.

Thanks James. It is police response but they rang me first (thank God). Full set by using shortcut button "A", then opening and closing front door. We stood inside and there is no PIR the can be triggered when standing inside the front door (the engineer showed me this way too). Then I opened the front door and closed it simulating coming home and finally put the proximity tag up against the keypad which turned off the continuous beep. at this point we went upstairs to show how I would set the system at night using the remote fob. I had just pressed part-set and then a few seconds later the ARC called with multiple activiations including panic.

Will let you know what the engineer says!

agreed you shouldnt be able to arm on the 'a' key only as that is non compliant at grade 2.

Also if part setting the way you are then you should be suspending police response as that is also non compliant.

While you were doing this there was only your and the wife in? no pets in the areas?

you also should not be able to send a pa from the device you use for setting.... unless it uses dedicated buttons. Again non compliant.

Might be worth checking with the engineer as i may be misunderstanding you.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

agreed you shouldnt be able to arm on the 'a' key only as that is non compliant at grade 2.

Also if part setting the way you are then you should be suspending police response as that is also non compliant.

While you were doing this there was only your and the wife in? no pets in the areas?

you also should not be able to send a pa from the device you use for setting.... unless it uses dedicated buttons. Again non compliant.

Might be worth checking with the engineer as i may be misunderstanding you.

Seen a few with more then one of these issues from this lot.

Yep pretty sure. In any case I know there is something wrong with it because having just fully set and then unset the system to show my wife as the engineer showed me, I immediately got a call saying there were multiple activation including the panic alarm !! (The panic alarm was sat quietly on a table in another room, the sirens never went off and the log shows everything is fine)

no 0v common with the d/com psu..

do you have an rf fob?

id say you started to partset it as yuo got the fob out of your pocket etc.

re the beep. Sure it was the intruder alarm?

QFA Id go for the pressed it in your pocket, I have had several customers do this, including the keyholder next door starting the setting procedure everytime he sat down, several times in an evening (luckily the 595 logs who it is thats setting the system)

no 0v common with the d/com psu..

You are good and need to increase your rates 8-)

Engineer just left and that is exactly what he found!!

Question for James is it really not compliant to have a police response on part set ? Does that mean if I part the system then no matter how the alarm is subsequently triggered, the police will not be called?

In any case, I've insisted on a period of time for it to be put on test in case there are any other gremlins. As an engineer myself (not this discipline though obviously) I would have thought any newly installed complex system should _not_ be put live without at least a short period trialing it. In this environment, if the police were called in error, that is effectively reducing the value of the system by half or a third (given the 2 or 3 strikes and you're out as far as police response is concerned).

Archived