Security Installer Community

Problems with ADT Galaxy system

You are good and need to increase your rates 8-)

Engineer just left and that is exactly what he found!!

Question for James is it really not compliant to have a police response on part set ? Does that mean if I part the system then no matter how the alarm is subsequently triggered, the police will not be called?

on g2's part set will signal,night set does not signal.

You can have police response in part set but you need to meet the requirements of dd243. If you have a push set button at the top of the stairs then you may comply. There are other methods but that's usually the easiest.

I'm assuming you have a 6.4. 4 system if so when full set opening the entry door will disable police response so will activating the hallway detector when part set. You may have 6.4. 5 as you are using fobs.

Flying blind and bit here as we don't know what you have.

Can you post a picture of the wireless pa button?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

LOl I remember doing that with a dualcom unit once random pins triggering all over the place. However, the question should be asked, why didn't this come up on commissioning?

I also thought you should run a 14 day test on new policed connections?

You can have police response in part set but you need to meet the requirements of dd243. If you have a push set button at the top of the stairs then you may comply. There are other methods but that's usually the easiest. I'm assuming you have a 6.4. 4 system if so when full set opening the entry door will disable police response so will activating the hallway detector when part set. You may have 6.4. 5 as you are using fobs. Flying blind and bit here as we don't know what you have. Can you post a picture of the wireless pa button?

would imagine this for the pa

the remote set/unset fob should be,this should comply for police response in part set i think!,as its dd243

the all in one pa/set/unset does not comply for police response

That's worrying. Does that mean if we put the system into night set and someone breaks in, it will not alert the ARC (even afer the timer expires?).

yes,you need to check if the part set and night set are the same,if so just part set instead of night set

Used ti be motion sensors were put in test for 14 days mandatory, you had to get permission from the Police to have then live earlier if if caught out instant blacklisting and apologetic letter needed.

Met seemed not to bothered, Essex and Herts were very hot on it at one time.

Think that requirement has gone now?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived