Security Installer Community

Problems with ADT Galaxy system

HI

Thanks for the comments all - interesting read. The ADT came back Saturday morning to finish off and when I mentioned the lack of PIR in that bedroom he promptly installed one there ! (No extra cash to be paid)

FOr the record the box in the loft is the wireless detector.

GOt one more questions though which is really unrelated but I thought I've already used up my "thread" allowance on the forum and don't want to abuse that so will ask here:

I did NOT set the alarm last night because I still hadven't shown my wife how to use it etc. At 8am ish it was making an intermediate beep. The backend consists of Galaxy2 and dualcom boxes. When I went downstairs triggering the downstairs hall PIR, it starting making a continuous beep as though I'd walked through the front door after the alarm was set. I quickly unset it via remote fob but can't understand how it went off given I'd never set it !

I went to look at the log and the only relevant entries were:

1.04am AUTO TST

8.38am Night Set

8.38am Mgr Unset (or words to that effect)

Thing is I was not set for night, part or full or any other way set so why did this happen I wonder? I will of course ask ADT but you guys often answer quicker and it might also help someone else in future !

Let me know if I should in fact copy/paste this into a different thread?

Its saying it was set

Auto test is fine ignore it.

Check menu 12 in users.

Could be a timed set option running.

Did it myself once, fitted a panel from the test bench and left auto sets running.

Frightened the life out of the client as she walked from the kitchen @ 16:00

Thing is I only reached for my fob once the continuous sound started as I got to the bottom of the stairs so unless I pressed it in my pocket I didn't set it.

Also, the reason I went down in the first place was because it was bleeping intermittently and I don't know why.

Just checked the menu. 12 gives me a full set and there is only one menu option in users (1) which then lists all users and allows me to change settings so presumably if there is a sub-option 12 its not been set up to be available to me.

Yep pretty sure. In any case I know there is something wrong with it because having just fully set and then unset the system to show my wife as the engineer showed me, I immediately got a call saying there were multiple activation including the panic alarm !! (The panic alarm was sat quietly on a table in another room, the sirens never went off and the log shows everything is fine).

SO I guess there is something wrong with it! Engineer could come out at 1am today apparently but I said it can wait until tomorrow so another day without the alarm I guess.

Why the original engineer couldn't have checked this I don't know.

i presume the pa is not police response?

but there could be a sensible explanation, id be interested to know the outcome.

I assuem when you fully set it you went outside and the house was empty when you armed it?

also how did you disarm when you came back in.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived