Security Installer Community

Adt Domestic. Should I Insist On Grade 3 ?

Just to add get a local locksmiths in too.

Correct physical security and or deterrents will often prevent an attempt anyway.

This should be important for you as you say the property is "off the beaten track"

Perhaps an obvious statement but are all your garned tools under lock and key in something like a van vault. Nothing like a shovel to open a patio door without anti lift fitted, or to prise open a casement window.

Nothing like a shovel to open a patio door without anti lift fitted, or to prise open a casement window.

Too soft, a spade works a lot better.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Pah use the pick axe.

Actually saw this happen a while back.

Alarm fitted. Correct locks to two pairs of patio doors. Noticed garden tools strewn about.

Informed owner and was ignored.

3 days later entry was made via said doors with tools mentioned. Alarm worked, still lost a DVD/Blue Ray player and a sky box.

Thanks again for the replies. Just heard back from the alarm installer he said that grade 3 was for "very high security properties". Ours is a 5 bed detached so quite big but certainly not into million+ mansion territory. He's planning to fit wireless grade 2 PIRs and wasn't even considering dual monitoring until I asked him about it.

So I'm really struggling to decide what to get - maybe I don't need dual monitoring and if I did go for it, is there much advantage of dual monitoring (presumably also grade 2 ) over single monitoring? The phone line enters the property on the first floor so I would imagine it would be difficult to gain external access to cut it without ladders. On the other hand if someone drove a van with ladders into our front drive, other than moving traffic outside (live on a B road) I doubt anyone would seem them let alone do anything about it. The price quoted for dual is only £15 per month more but makes the total rise to £40 per month which feels quite a lot. Its difficult to know what to do!

I would ask someone else for a quote as well. For the installer not to mention dual path comms on your property seems a bit daft.

He could of atleast ran it through with you, just to inform you of the options.

After all, he makes more out of it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

The price quoted for dual is only £15 per month more but makes the total rise to £40 per month which feels quite a lot.

assuming £15 inclusive of vat, I don't know what adt value there digi mon at, but my at cost for a g3 dualcom it does not cover the annual charge I would pay at the end of month 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Homeowner have you thought about getting some quotes from some independents? As I said before get three quotes Im not saying there is anything wrong with the quote you have from ADT but its all very well us giving you advice, but we are working blind. The surveyor should be the person telling you what you need, and from the information you have provided I would say its a borderline on the type of monitoring you need.

If you go to the NSI or SSIAB websites you can search for quality assured companies that will give you an opinion based on what they can see, the ADT surveyor may well be right and you dont need dual path monitoring, but I dont think I would trust the opinion of just one man.

Archived