Security Installer Community

Texecom 168 Network Problem

Lonestalker

Arf, if you want to point score I'm not certian I have the time or resovle to read your content, never mind correct it :whistle:

Never took you as a Sore Looser?

:)

This thread shiws knowing how to read a meter as important as that is, it's only a part of knowing the job.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

This thread shiws knowing how to read a meter as important as that is, it's only a part of knowing the job.

Arfur

no, you can see the expander voltage of laptop,

its either not logging the mains fail on psu's or they are unmonitored

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

hi guys I did not do the install it was done by an international company who had been replacing the batteries on this psu for the last three years on a regular bases. This all only came to light after finding the fault. Cleint also then explained why they stopped using basement pc's due to fault every morning. you can not see a problem with monitoring software, it shows voltage is fine.

no, you can see the expander voltage of laptop,

its either not logging the mains fail on psu's or they are unmonitored

So you can, for this scenario as it only shows up a long time after system is armed I.e. when the mains is turned off - o/p would need to run that test for sevel hours as obviously imains is not monitored ;).

It's not a to un-common problem, when faced with an 'odd' one, just getting the client ti do their routine can uncover the reason - no meter (or laptop) needed.

I often see reports and suggestions where I wonder if the problem described was being caused by a timer, or in this case manually, the more technical answered are forwarded to be tried before what are the simpler basic's are tested.

Bit like old cars, engine won't start so most go for a carbrettor blockage, i'll tell you now 9 times out if ten - it was the points :).

Arfur

I reckon, as most systems are powered from the panel, or if have aux PSU they tend to be off the panels same supply, any mains faults are indicated early on.

This I think lulll's many into a false sense of security when remoted psu's are deployed. It is natural to read the log taking it as ver batum, just shows as useful as that is as a too lit can also 'blind' you.

Bit like trusting the charges at the supermarket for the weekly shop, just because it is done on a bar scanning computerised till system.

Arfur

hi guys I did not do the install it was done by an international company who had been replacing the batteries on this psu for the last three years on a regular bases. This all only came to light after finding the fault. Cleint also then explained why they stopped using basement pc's due to fault every morning. you can not see a problem with monitoring software, it shows voltage is fine.

Thing is, if you'd gone to site next morning and checked psu batts with a discharge tester, it would have told you there and then where the problem lied ;)

I never use onbaord monitoring software, always use my meters.

To be fair modern panels are pretty good at monitoring batteries. In this case the low voltage appears to be due to the battery going flat.

I'd agree that an intelligent power supply would of shown this early on but not everyone used en as using a normal psu was cheaper. Only short term mind if you factor this fault alone it would of been a lot cheaper to use intelligent power supplies Lol.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived