Security Installer Community

Texecom 168 Network Problem

Lonestalker

Good day out there. I have a Texecom 168 Control Panel running 2 keypads and 4 expanders. Every night after locking up the site this panel will experiance low voltage and failure on expanders. Have tried running power supplies to each expander, still the same problem. Ran new network cables using Myllar Screened. Split the expanders and keypads on to both networks, still problematic. Mostly occurs between 7 and 10 hours after alarm is armed, never during the day. Only had one occasion where it happened 3 hours after lock up. any ideas?

thanks

Not my flavour kit, so guess from general experience.

is there any sign of a timer knocking off mains power in the log? Just seems to me the time periods being so uniform and regular, points to someone hitting a switch as they leave, or something switching off the mains, I have seen one system powered of a storage heater outlet - which is on a White meter lol

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Was onsite at lock up. Nothing but lights being turned of. The event log showed all the zones for that expander dropping of. Made sure that + leg is not connected. Went and rewired network to expander 1&2 again today, only ones not rewired yet.Since rewiring Expander 4&5 on friday, the panel now shows expander 1to5 low voltage and missing. Every morning when entry timer gets triggered they restore and panels shows confirm devices. I have reconnected the network cables to the panel today and made sure that the power supplies only power detectors and not expanders, they will be powered directly from panel so we will see tonight.

Was onsite at lock up. Nothing but lights being turned of. The event log showed all the zones for that expander dropping of. Made sure that + leg is not connected. Went and rewired network to expander 1&2 again today, only ones not rewired yet.Since rewiring Expander 4&5 on friday, the panel now shows expander 1to5 low voltage and missing. Every morning when entry timer gets triggered they restore and panels shows confirm devices. I have reconnected the network cables to the panel today and made sure that the power supplies only power detectors and not expanders, they will be powered directly from panel so we will see tonight.

how far are the expanders from the panel? I would power exp from psu most of the time(using a texecom PSU).

Whats the Voltage at the expander end?

The Voltage was all reading between 12.7V and 13.6V so not to bad. The distance to expander 1 is about 30 to 45 meters, and expander 5 is about 70 meters. I had them daisy chained, then on tursday, wired expander4&5 directly to panel, which seemed to make matters worse if you look at event log. Today I daisy chained them again. Really not sure what to think. The worst is this site is 346 kilometres from home, so this is a nightmare. :!: :fear:

Archived