Security Installer Community

Texecom 168 Network Problem

Lonestalker

I would replace net 1 expander 5

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

are you running this expander 70m on normal cable? and there is still 12.7v at the expander?

Seems like voltage / line length to me. Can you double / treble up the supply cables?

tbh i can't see why he isn't powering the expander from the PSU?

good morning. The power supply is at the expander, 1 for each expander. I am running 0,5mm cable for network only. Software shows voltage as reported. Using 4 core 0,5mm cable. Have replaced expander 5 and keypad powered from it. Have a grea day out there all.

hi again. problem seems to be resolved. found this morning that there is a master switch that some person wired that would normally turn of only the lights but in stead turns of all power, including dedicated power circuit, in the new section of the basement.this has never been a problem before, but the cleint had removed the computers from this area, and had it rewired. thanks to ignorance and lack of input this problem lasted this long. thanks for all the input every body, just sorry I had to waste everybody's time, including my own. have a fantastic season.

hi again. problem seems to be resolved. found this morning that there is a master switch that some person wired that would normally turn of only the lights but in stead turns of all power, including dedicated power circuit, in the new section of the basement.this has never been a problem before, but the cleint had removed the computers from this area, and had it rewired. thanks to ignorance and lack of input this problem lasted this long. thanks for all the input every body, just sorry I had to waste everybody's time, including my own. have a fantastic season.

Main thing is you've resolved the 'fault'-just a case of how much you're going to charge them now!.......Seasons greetings, cheers for the update :rolleyes:

Archived