Security Installer Community

Texecom 168 Network Problem

Lonestalker

I was right then #2

That's rare Lol

Look at #3, you only beat me because you put less in ;).

LOL!

Would say, batts seem not the best, should do 8 hours + even on BS grade systems.

If they are powered by psu's in expanders, why was the mains fail not in the log? Even the lowly Risco's intelligent expanders have relays for this, you can wire to a zone.

Would have saved loads of red gerring - calls and the expense (unless it had been James or Me of course :) ).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi again. problem seems to be resolved. found this morning that there is a master switch that some person wired that would normally turn of only the lights but in stead turns of all power, including dedicated power circuit, in the new section of the basement.this has never been a problem before, but the cleint had removed the computers from this area, and had it rewired. thanks to ignorance and lack of input this problem lasted this long. thanks for all the input every body, just sorry I had to waste everybody's time, including my own. have a fantastic season.

So they are not monitored psu's then!!! Otherwise log would have shown mains fail

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Good point.

Should have used a Gal or a Menvier :P

or Gardtec ;)

the clue was in the time scale being so repetative around 7 hours, BS systems were calculated to last 8 hours+. so allowing for a weak battery/charge cycle, points derectly to a mains power issue.

reasion i was quick onto it, was in days gone by and no memory on panels, so you had to second guess faults. accurate info was 24 ct gold so i'd close question the client.

often you went to a system about 2 -3 weeks old, at night or after instal manager had given up :rolleyes: , find the panel mains wired of the cupboard light switch :whistle: and to the switched side. obviously door closed so no power, they go to bed battery die about 4am off it goes. it could easasily throw the novice service engineers, because clients tended to leave cupboard door open either for their access for engineer to get to it. so that charged up the battery, at last partially.

if engineer did not spot it, he would often just signed of as CE/NFF (Customer Error/No Fault Found).

one job, previous engineer had blammed the aquarium full of fish in the lounge for setting of the hall pir, this client wa heavily impressed by thei 'scientific' explanation, and this was after about 8 visists in. stiffling a laugh best i could (i am theworlds worst giggler) as you do, so not drop your workmates in the kack, i did a technical marthon, said "no really a chance, IR detectors need movement of heat (covering the basics of the freznel lens etc etc), and finished of with "the fish may move about quite a lot, but even tropical fish are are cold blooded".

i just don't know how i kept a straight face tbh, but i got a £10 tip just for moving one wire and my 'inventiveness',

i had assumed (and i guess others had to not knowing the kit) monitoring of PSU's as for AC Mains Fail when the o/p said the expanders were powered locally, totally surprises me they are not tbh, but i still hit it hard on the head :.

Arfur

//me thinks James has been peeking in my 'old school' service engineers manual ;) //

maybe he's was also the type of bloke how gave buskers money........

to STFU ?

nah!

IMHO this is the most important question, I reckon there borderline during the day & the falling temp is marking the current consumption increase ?

had a weak spot for BSers, seems you qualify :whistle:

:P

Arfur

Archived