Security Installer Community

Bsia Recommend Insurance Approval Before Any

james.wilson

G2 DT and G3 DT about £2 difference, nothing in it.

Its alot more to do with anti mask etc IMO and time, as you say comms will always be more, but i have a few G2 with G3 comms.

Your eg. is totally extreme tbh.

they ask, they are told downside, they sign, they get. We are a service provider, not baby sitters IMO.

The sooner some ppl in this industry realise we can't change the world the better.

I would like to install G4 comms all the time, but if ppl are offering G2 and customes are happy to accept, what are we expected to do about it?

Can't agree with that TBH, we are in business, not care in the community.

If we tell them what they should have, and they want something cheaper even though it isn't offering the same level of security then thats there look out.

I think alot of people here would be shocked at the signalling in some large high street chains.

Sort of but no imo.

IF you advise in writing that you feel the level of protection or grade is inadequate for the risk then yes i agree, how would you normally advise this?

Id agree on the high street comment but id assume those are self insured so they will be speccing the comms requirement.

This however causes us (installers) a problem. They spec a g2 comm but we feel it needs a G4. Id bet there will be a few legal cases where the employed 'expect' (us) didnt advise them correctly and want to use the installers insurance rather than their own.

Its more of a heads up really lads, be careful with your clients as they may agree now, they wont when they think they can claim on you, even if you did as they asked. Audit trails and all that

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Old days we had bells, 999 and PIU's for high risk. Cost of private circuits was phenominal, so out in the sticks they went to a local cop shop, inner london to a what was called CS for Central Station, very high risk would have private circuit over very long distances.

Line faults were a scourge, mr telephone enginee pulled apart a 1000 pair cable wallah! Treated as an attack.

Then digi coms came about, got ovetky used because of cheapness, Obviously if line cut then no comms, did not take long before intruders cottoned on, so higher end job had auto test reportings and 24 hour line fault bells.

Cops no longer wanted PIU's in their Police Stations,Then a.b.c which later became red care, the B all and End all to overcome line faults using multi path - well we know it was not.

So GSM/Redcare and the cheaper dual com is now in favour, but digi is not yet dead even if frowned on.

The above is a potted history, but refers to offering lower spec signalling, as that lower spec tech is improved.

a system, like the wisdom or agility and I'd guess other makes have a GSM Tx optional cards. As long as a strong gsm signal is present, why do we still need the higher end gsm/ red care other than for high risk sites?

Hard, near IMHO impossible defeat a gsm signal giving the security a digi can't as you can't cut the GSM line, RA of job indicates level of skill could attract jamming, then fine use gsm/Redcare.

An implanted gsm Tx in the panel i'd bet in many cases can cover dualcom fitted site adaquately, if we use the old adage of protecti the panel with detection, so it trips before it is smashed.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Replying to ALT, yes some companies do drop because of this. As you mention "Baby sitters"

Cubit, again have to agree the detection in many major stores/banks/betting offices is so bad it makes me wince at how many lives have not been lost in ATM locations.

Trade perhaps Mods?

dont see the need yet oxo.

So GSM/Redcare and the cheaper dual com is now in favour, but digi is not yet dead even if frowned on.

nowt wrong with a digi for the right risk. Depends on the circumstances etc.

The above is a potted history, but refers to offering lower spec signalling, as that lower spec tech is improved.

so what your saying is 'as things move on...same old same old?

a system, like the wisdom or agility and I'd guess other makes have a GSM Tx optional cards. As long as a strong gsm signal is present, why do we still need the higher end gsm/ red care other than for high risk sites?

again depends on the risk but this is what LSP 1277 is about. How do the insurance compare competing signalling systems. Panels are easier to a point but signalling is massivly varied. Was easy in the redcare / dualcom days.... now less so imo as these boards show

Hard, near IMHO impossible defeat a gsm signal giving the security a digi can't as you can't cut the GSM line, RA of job indicates level of skill could attract jamming, then fine use gsm/Redcare.

there isnt really a skill set required those that can operate google ie

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_en-GBGB387GB387&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=gsm+jammer

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

are you saying 'basically any wireless device' ?

LOL

Your topic was discussed at a regional meeting back in 2008. It seemed it was becoming a norm swapping out RC for dual path without informing the insurer (Agree broker is not insurer). The sell was the second path. The agrument for grading dosent appy for most as systems were 4737. NSI vue was this was a dangerous path and insurer MUST be notified.

Customers!

Archived