Security Installer Community

You Dont See This Everyday

Doing a T/O yesterday, alarm had intermittant problems with popping AUX fuses (Scanny 9448, so all of the one fuse,no log yadda yadda yadda) So after going through the basics found the stobe pulling 700ma!!! lol. New box time. Chap I was with got the ladders up, few mins later came running in, "gaz gaz, you've got to see this!!!"

This is what he found..........

bell.jpg

(Bat btw)

Never seen one, been in lofts instaling for over ten years and its the first one i've come across! So how the hell was it living behind that?? I did once find a mouse in a old bell box, but that was long dead. I found him a nice new home round the corner in a gap in the customers garage wall lol

You guys ever found anything interesting in panels/bells?

:P

Gaz

Working in a school not so long ago, apprentice lifted a ceiling tile and found a dead rat!

Ah that reminded me apprentice once found a dead squirrel in a loft, quite fresh too smiley11.gif

Also remember in a pub refurb a few years ago, there were some builders pulling a ceiling down.......... dead rat complete with maggots landed on him, he let out the scream of a girl! :lol:

Due to being public area, i wont say what i put inside a 9600 while covering another engineers patch having fun on service at hex.. LOL it was funny 6 months later when he went to do the PVM.

Many years ago before I started alarms etc I did refrigeration (just left school),called to a site I can only describe as a farm with a load of barn built freezers-huge things-found whole frozen lambs in muslin bags dated 1963 (this was 1982!), also frozen birds that had got in and died, anyway getting back to the story, I checked out the back where the old old belt driven compressors were housed and found what I can only suspect to be the remains of about 5 or 6 cats jamming the pulleys, all in bits obviously, the motors had started, chewed as much as they could but stalled, my job was to extract all the remnants to alleviate the problem!.

Another good one-butchers shop in stafford-aint gonna mention the name, dunno even if it still exists, first floor had built in fridges, freezers etc that were 'boxed in' around the top edges using 2x2 wood etc, anyway I was working away on checking bits over when all of a sudden the 'butcher' person came running towards me with a ruddy great boning knife-Jeez I nearly sh*t myself, he ran past me and reached up with the knife and 'ran' it very fast along the gap between the wood and the top of the freezer, I heard a dull thud, he turned around, walked back to his beech block thingy, wiped the knife on his apron and carried on boning prospective customers meat!........well I gave it a few minutes whilst trying to work out what had just occured, failed miserably so tentativeley asked...

Apparently they had a rat problem, they would start to mooch around the freezers quite frequently, and he was used to seeing the little feet along that gap-yep the dull thud was when their body suddenly became detached from their legs and fell flat onto the roof of the coldroom-he went up there every 2 weeks or so to remove the bodies,any longer and they started to smell to bad......best was, as I was leaving he asked if I would like some steak or chops or anything.....'sorry I'm a veggi' I lied...... :fear:

How queer. I saw my first bat behind a bell only last week, I had no idea they could fit in the few mill between the box (Nova2) and the wall.

Odd thing was the radio system we were taking out displayed "bat fail" - how the **** did it know??

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived