Security Installer Community

You Dont See This Everyday

Just an observation on the photo, nice bat.

But why are the rawl plugs in the motar and not the brickwork???????

Yes I note it was a take over:P

Thougt you were going to have a pop at red plugs. THB ive been using red plugs for a number of years now for EWD

Customers!

Thougt you were going to have a pop at red plugs. THB ive been using red plugs for a number of years now for EWD

No m8, reds are good. Fitted correctly they will hold as good as anything comparable in size. I was amazed at blind fitters using yellows and no6 screw for massive blinds with pull strings/draw wires whatever you call them and no problems.

I think the requirment says 2 1/2 " 10`s nothing about plugs.

I`ll stick to 2 1/2 10`s then for panel and EWD.

Actually seen a panel fall off the wall when removing the cover screws before! Obviously the plank who fitted it had no of wall construction.

yep seen many panels put in with 1" and yellows. But no point in using 2.5" x 10 if the wall is past it.

I moved into the house im at now and there was a menvier fitted (790 i think) and when i opened the panel and pulled the lid (i had removed the lid screws) the whole thing came away from the wall

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Agreed, if the wall can take it, it gets the max I can fit.

Was once asked to Gripfill a panel to the tanked wall of a cellar conversion, told them to whistle. (Oops soz Whislte).

Eventually they gripfilled a shet of MDF to the wall and I used batten to fix to that then the panel to the batten.

AFAIK that was "fabric of the building" to me then.

PS saw a fool gripfill collapsable gate track to a wall once.................needless to say when the supports were removed it fell down.

When will people remember if you glue something to paint its only as strong as the paint bonding!!!.

Obviously an example of what not to do!

wasnt ok under BS, we still use 10's but id say that under the new regs if 8's are 'suitable' then its fine.

Also how much stronger than an 2" x 8, is a 2" x 10, id wager the backplate goes before either in the correct wall

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

8`s have a ***** shear/snap off on the heads.

I never use a driver drill to fix screws always a screwdriver. You can feel the tension as you drive and not damage the item your fixing to nor the substrate.

Yes My cordless has a clutch, no i like to be sure.

Like in another thread where I mentioned metric and Jeff said 3 mtrs of 2"x"2 trunking......lol Wots a M10 55? Screw? :D

Ps James a "8" would pop thru most back plates in an instant.

10 would grab more and make the lad on tiptoes fall harder and faster :P

Archived