Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 Help

THE VIKING

Thanks for your reply this is the type of help that I need :) I will not be at this job next week but will be the week after so hopefully by then I will have enough replys to get me on my way with sorting this issue. When you say take a laptop is that for internet access? As I dont own a laptop. And as ihave now had this powered up is it best to power it down and do a reset ? by just repeating the powering up sequence in the manual?

Thanks Mark

Laptop is to view the PDF manual, much easier to find specific things compared to searching through lots of printed pages.

Just read the manual, you'll find the default codes in there and when you go back repeat the power up sequence in the manual

Hey Ho, Lets Go

[

Laptop is to view the PDF manual, much easier to find specific things compared to searching through lots of printed pages.

Just read the manual, you'll find the default codes in there and when you go back repeat the power up sequence in the manual

Thanks I have just hade a look at the texecom site and foud a quick setup guide that I do not have so i will print that off may help me a little more

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

They are pretty involved if you don't normally do that stuff, lots of menus to dip in and out of. Bit old school Menvier kinda way

I miss my old TS900+ shame it blew up :'( My M1000, tho I love it, is not the same.

IMO Premiers are getting more and more complicated for people, who don't use them much.

This is amplified by the fact they come with no engineering manual or even a quick guide anymore.

One other quick thing to do is switch the "Test Call Every" to "000" in System Timers, this stops the engineers log filling up with AUTO TIMED TEST rubbish.

Oh and make sure the Part Set Exit Mode is correct as it comes as Instant (I think), so your customers only have 7 seconds to run up the stairs.

They are a much better panel then a Scantronic.

I see what your saying. I think that panels will evolve into having 2 programming modes and or options. ie out the box and programmed with the keypad, very basic and very simple to do, like an accenta etc. If you want the full flexibiltiy of the panel or anything other than audible only you need to use a laptop or some sort of programmer.

The problem the manufacturers have is there is 2 disctint markets. IMHO

1, Professional security company installed a particular panel every day, as such dont need an engineering manuals etc as the panel is well known

2, occosional or varied installer. Those that pick a panel cos it suits the job, is on offer etc. These installers do need a manual, but usually dont need any of the more advanced features.

all imho of course

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived