Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 Help

THE VIKING

I have wired the pir detector with 6 core and have not used any EOL resistor and all of the tamper circuits are in series and terminated in the panels tamper terminals

you will then need to program each zone wired this way as doubled poled,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Ok then, when you power up the system it will go into alarm and you will need to silence it using the user code. This is because as default these panels come programmed for EOL circuits

Once you have silenced it, enter the default engineer code and the keypad will say "confirm devices" press "yes" twice to confirm the devices connected to your network bus. Press menu "twice" to return to the main option menu's

Things you will need to program for a typical bells only setup:

Program your zones according through the Zone Setup menu and you need to change the zone wiring to "Normally Closed"

Change the arming mode to Timed Exit via the Arming Options menu, you change the Entry/Exit time in this menu as well

You need to disable Anti Code Reset and Confirmed Reset, this is done in the Arming Options menu

Program your user codes in the "Setup Users" menu

Program your engineer code, set the date/time, walk test the system and test the bell via the "Engineer Utils" menu

Choose which zones are on during a part set through "Alter Part Arms"

(anything ive missed guys?)

If you've got the PDF version of the manual, take a laptop

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Mark,

The premier is a very versatile and pro bit of kit, usually installed by intruder engineers who do what they do best!.

Don't get me wrong-we have seen diy installers do it-but it's few and far between.

The prem stuff IMHO is very user/engineer friendly-though quite in-depth for your normal diy/electrician type person.

Mark,

The premier is a very versatile and pro bit of kit, usually installed by intruder engineers who do what they do best!.

Don't get me wrong-we have seen diy installers do it-but it's few and far between.

The prem stuff IMHO is very user/engineer friendly-though quite in-depth for your normal diy/electrician type person.

Hi there Richard I do understand what you are saying but as I allready stated I would normally use a scantronic system that are also aimed at the Pro market and not the DIY sector. As I was about 200 miles from where I nornally work and had this alarm job put on me I had to use a supplier I have never used before who did not have Scantronic Products And was imformed that it would be easy to program so i took his word and bought the kit. But now lets hope you now understand where I am with reguard to getting this thing up and running so that I can first get paid for the kit used and second then charge the customer my labour charge. so what Im realy after is help so that I can achive this .

Thanks Mark

Ok then, when you power up the system it will go into alarm and you will need to silence it using the user code. This is because as default these panels come programmed for EOL circuits

Once you have silenced it, enter the default engineer code and the keypad will say "confirm devices" press "yes" twice to confirm the devices connected to your network bus. Press menu "twice" to return to the main option menu's

Things you will need to program for a typical bells only setup:

Program your zones according through the Zone Setup menu and you need to change the zone wiring to "Normally Closed"

Change the arming mode to Timed Exit via the Arming Options menu, you change the Entry/Exit time in this menu as well

You need to disable Anti Code Reset and Confirmed Reset, this is done in the Arming Options menu

Program your user codes in the "Setup Users" menu

Program your engineer code, set the date/time, walk test the system and test the bell via the "Engineer Utils" menu

Choose which zones are on during a part set through "Alter Part Arms"

(anything ive missed guys?)

If you've got the PDF version of the manual, take a laptop

Thanks for your reply this is the type of help that I need :) I will not be at this job next week but will be the week after so hopefully by then I will have enough replys to get me on my way with sorting this issue. When you say take a laptop is that for internet access? As I dont own a laptop. And as ihave now had this powered up is it best to power it down and do a reset ? by just repeating the powering up sequence in the manual?

Thanks Mark

Archived