Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 Help

THE VIKING

Hi there i have just installed the above panel but have had nothing but trouble with programing the system. I am a electrical contracter that does just 2 -3 alarm install a year so this is not my main type of work. I have been working away from home and was asked to install a alarm I would normally use a scantronic panel but the place I got the alarm from did not carry Scantronic and sold me a Texecom telling me it would be easy to program. But I have hade a lot of wasted time just trying to set up the system. And in the end gave up on it. So Im now trying to get some help here maybe.

Thanks Mark

Thanks for the quick reply Mr happy well where do I start ? The first thing was that Texecom do not supply a instalation manual that is needed for the programing I did manage to get one downloaded on about 90 pages the where all loose so that was a pain in itself. Its not like haveing a book that you can just put down and pickup without it all falling everywhere. I got nowhere as there seems to be a very complicated Menu selection with the keypad that was fitted(one of the £80 flushed in keypads) So I never even got to program the zones or there atributes as when I enter something wrong I try to go back and the display just seems to take me elsewhere. So bascically I need to know an idiots guide on programing this panel as I need to get paid once I have it up and running

Thanks

90 pages the where all loose so that was a pain in itself. Its not like haveing a book that you can just put down and pickup without it all falling everywhere.

buy a ring binder ?

So bascically I need to know an idiots guide on programing this panel as I need to get paid once I have it up and running

Thanks

works in the most basic from out the box, 8 fsl in correct, sab on too, eng code will bring confirm devices up press yes, lid + battery on press rest then you've got a "working" system.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Sorry for the dumb questions but you have to remember Im not a alarm guy. So what does this mean ? 8 fsl in correct, sab on too Mr happy The manual said to apply the power with the default button depressed for it to load the factorg defaults but I have no idea what the defaults are ? and what should the keypad screen display ?

Thanks Mark

Archived