Security Installer Community

Drill Size,,, Hole Size

just need some advice ,, what hole size should i drill ? the cable as 3 connectors on each end two phonos and the camera connector it would look like i will have to drill about a 25mm hole which looks a bitt silly when theres only 1/4 cable going through,,, the cable as the 3 connectors then thay go into a flattened connector,, im unsure if it disconnects at this point ive pulled but it seems well fixed should it disconnect?????? if so i only need to drill small hole thaks

we all do our job diferently :P .

1st off, please test with a pre-tested suitable device for hidden mains, water pipes etc BEFORE driling any holes

with respect have you got these jointing skills, or own crimp tool to refit the plugs?

personally i don't advise you cut off the plugs, if the camera fails you have voided the warranty, and adds insult to injury you have to repeat the tasks of the plugs again to fit anoyther or better camera later (technology move on fast).

so imho far better to run your chosen cable from the DVR (or Monitor), then through the wall.

fit a small weather ressistant box say 100mm x 100mm (avialable from most electrical outlets) come in black, grey and white for decore need, if you can site that away from view, then terminate inside.

just makes the job easy, it far easier for servicing, or later replacement/update while preserving your warrenty.

a smaller hole needed to pass the cable through the wall, and if you happen to blow out the brick or rendering when driling, the weather resistant box often covers any damage (or you just buy a bigger one ;) ).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We always cut the lead off and terminate within the housing, we only fit anti vandal domes or full body housings.

I have no problems with sending them back if you shout loud enough... LOL but TBH its not often one will fail within the 1st year anyway.

i dont, what about the warranty.

and for gods sake dont use a weather proof box.

ADI i cut the power lead off and have agreed with our suppliers that this WONT invalidate warrenty. Similar with moulded 13amp plug tops. I also use IP 66 water proof enclosures for teminating cameras and dont have the problems ive seen elswhere. Water ingress in my exsperience is due to the installers incompetance not the equipment.,

Customers!

Archived