Security Installer Community

Drill Size,,, Hole Size

them ip boxes are an eyesore.

There's someone round here doing it, bullet cam screwed to the lid of a 100mm x 100mm ip box :no:

It doesn't matter if the cam is fixed to the ip box or mounted next to it, it looks bob.

I'm not a fan of the large ip boxes with flexi conduit going to a dome or bodied cam but that depends what building its attached to. On an industrial building it doesnt look to bad

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

There's someone round here doing it, bullet cam screwed to the lid of a 100mm x 100mm ip box :no:

It doesn't matter if the cam is fixed to the ip box or mounted next to it, it looks bob.

I'm not a fan of the large ip boxes with flexi conduit going to a dome or bodied cam but that depends what building its attached to. On an industrial building it doesnt look to bad

going to depend on circumstances, i don't think i'd fit any by the front door for instance lol!,

can often hide the box away from view, just undere the eaves, around the corner etc, you get about a meter of lead on the cameras i buy, and you can get much longer.

suppose its the service engineer deep in me :P , ease of replacement/testing imho is always to the fore in my works. i think about for when its out of warrenty. if cable is drilled direct, concealed into the render, or the plaster inside, then terminated inside in a j/b elsewhere and decorated, its likely a job on the decor to replace it.

Arfur.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks for the replies,, i checked with the shop the cable did not come apart ,, so had to drill 25mm hole with seems a bit silly and harder work really,,, drilling was no probs as im a plumber,, just looked an hard way to do it

I install the 4x4 on every camera. Even above the false ceiling with the camersis fixed to the box through the tile and cables going back entry to.

Personally i think its a lot more proffessional than the rats nest i see in most dome camera enclosures or the loose wiring above the ceilings worse is the stupid method of entry into the cameras Mine are mostly 20mm MBB via a PG reducer which incidently is how the things were designed to be installed.

Customers!

If thats the case, thats fair enough, nothing wrong with an ip box thats not seen.

My earlier posts were on about the local cowboys and indian fitting bullet cams to 4" ip boxs mounted outside at about 2.5 metres.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I hate seeing cams mounted on IP boxes.

You get a lot of space inside the slightly bigger domes and all plugs can hide in the back.

Or you make room behind the dome, its not difficult.

Archived