Security Installer Community

Average Rate For Subbies Lets All Get It Right

exactly no standards wot happened to bs and the likes of serving my apprenticeship in this game not other fields we csnt go snd do spsrk work even though i am more than capabile

bring in the standards for us all not just the companies and keep these pretenders out of our game they aint qualifed for our game so get the right guys in

thats why subbies have so much trouble

A subby who's installing a wiring system to one of my designs doesn't have to know the BS backwards.

He just needs to be competent to read a drawing and install cabling..... horses for courses.

If you're talking about a subby who isn't competent to commission but does so then that's very different and I agree it isn't fair....

A subby who's installing a wiring system to one of my designs doesn't have to know the BS backwards.

He just needs to be competent to read a drawing and install cabling..... horses for courses.

If you're talking about a subby who isn't competent to commission but does so then that's very different and I agree it isn't fair....

ok i understand wot your saying but i could do that for sparks but there regs wont let me so why should they have all the pie they also work on fire alarms its a life or death game same as theres

i am not getting at you but double standards there do you not think so

ok i understand wot your saying but i could do that for sparks but there regs wont let me so why should they have all the pie they also work on fire alarms its a life or death game same as theres

agreed but as top gear say

'How hard can it be'

not hard atol get them all regestered or they cant work for you and give each subby compay same standards as the other comps

can't beat em' then join em'.

only takes a week and circa

thank you it is double standards we are treated like second class tradesmen but are more elctrical and elctronicaly minded than sparks and since iam being honest i am spark but did my apprenticeship with security company way back when the game was just starting out and always worked in the industry of security all my days so ican see how it has grown and how much more is involved these days and that is alot more than the sparky game yet we still do not get the credit deserved if they had regs we would beable to keep the standard high and keep chancers out because they cant get any spark work i want the security industry to have same standards as plumbers joiners brickies sparks painter and decorators thats is why they have papers to stop anyone claiming "i can do that ges a job" ( the legend yosser hughes)

Blimey Trebor who does ever get credit ?

And if i understand you right regarding "regs" if you mean regulations then I don't think you give sparkys (and I'm one too) enough credit for their understanding of the electrical regs which are just as mind numbing as a security/ fire BS.

So do you ever work on fire alarm systems / cctv / access / PA etc etc ??

OMG i find myself actually agreeing with something aaron says. has someone hacked his login?

It tends to happen more then you seem to think, you only seem to disagree when its regarding you :yes: what does that tell you? :lol:

you know it makes sense :lol:

As for this topic, nothing will change, when demand is low and the commodity is in abundance, the rate will drop.

PS: For what its worth i always thought all engineers should hold the relevant C & G [1852 for security i think? can't remember off the top of my head] if you can do the job you would pass with ease.

PS: For what its worth i always thought all engineers should hold the relevant C & G [1852 for security i think? can't remember off the top of my head] if you can do the job you would pass with ease.

you got it then? but unfortunatly i also agree (1851 was BS, 1852 is EN)

It tends to happen more then you seem to think, you only seem to disagree when its regarding you yes.gif what does that tell you? laugh.gif

No we disagree on many levels on many things but you do want to agree with me, but cant bring yourself to enter my world (as you call it)

But following on from another topic you try to talk a good install ;)

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you got it then? but unfortunatly i also agree (1851 was BS, 1852 is EN)

No we disagree on many levels on many things but you do want to agree with me, but cant bring yourself to enter my world (as you call it)

But following on from another topic you try to talk a good install ;)

James

Yes i do have it, 1852.

As for talk a good install, you don't lol. Barrier was your fault, end of. :yes::lol:

Archived