Security Installer Community

Average Rate For Subbies Lets All Get It Right

the large companies make millions a year but rely on good subbies who they pa a pittance to wot they charge just like the people of third world companies exploit children to make large profitable gains large companies are exploiting us subbies. also for the record we are a dying breed good eng to many sparks and pretenders out there cutting the real qualified engineers throats with cheap labour there must be a stop that as the electricians trade put a stop to it in there industry. :banned:

any one agree or just me :

the large companies make millions a year but rely on good subbies who they pa a pittance to wot they charge just like the people of third world companies exploit children to make large profitable gains large companies are exploiting us subbies. also for the record we are a dying breed good eng too many sparks and pretenders out there cutting the real qualified engineers throats with cheap labour there must be a stop that as the electricians trade put a stop to it in there industry. :banned:

any one agree or just me :

Agree on principle, not everyone is working for a pittance, but there are a lot of subbies working far too cheap these days IMHO, and with the ammount of extra redundancies it can only get worse. With enineers and sparkies who think subbing is easy money, but they dont usually last long.

You need a particular mindset to stick it out and make it pay for any real length of time. Doesnt suit everyone.

Agree on principle, not everyone is working for a pittance, but there are a lot of subbies working far too cheap these days IMHO, and with the ammount of extra redundancies it can only get worse. With enineers and sparkies who think subbing is easy money, but they dont usually last long.

You need a particular mindset to stick it out and make it pay for any real length of time. Doesnt suit everyone.

totay agree with you 7 years now and money has got better but you look at the prices on the jobs you do for compannies it is a pittence to that we should all put our prices up and force ther hand. if they can charge FROM

How long is approval taking at present for the trade membership?

Bill

this is a publically viewable forum and prices for goods and services are not allowed to be posted by members (see site rules)

we have a "trade only" side, please have a look here for further info - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/trade.asp

thanks

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

First, rates vary according to who wants what and why............

Second, apart from posting rates giving others a figure to undercut, all of my dealings with my clients except on the most general terms are cofidential, and you couldnt drag information like that out of me.

As for a going rate........... much as you can get - and keep getting long term. None of us is perfect, but clients soon realise when they keep paying one subbie to sort out the others mistakes. One problem is sour grapes, where the clients engineers, or other subbies think you are making more than them, or taking their overtime away etc.

How long is approval taking at present for the trade membership?

Bill

2 mins if the supporting info we ask for is provided.

as is 90% just fill in the form having made 2-3 posts and don't bother to attached the requested "proof of trade" and get binned

also id be careful you dont get accused of price fixing or cartel etc.

Market forces etc are the normal way that a rate is set at.

I agree, it's no different from installing to the end user.

If you can sell yourself and you have a good reputation you can probably charge a little more than a relatively inexperinced subby.

I agree, it's no different from installing to the end user.

If you can sell yourself and you have a good reputation you can probably charge a little more than a relatively inexperinced subby.

Quite so.

We all pay for quality in any industry.

Re those

Archived