Security Installer Community

Average Rate For Subbies Lets All Get It Right

I see. Just curious - filled in the form having made over the required 10 posts, and thought I'd attached required proof......not heard a thing......

Bill.

2 mins if the supporting info we ask for is provided.

as is 90% just fill in the form having made 2-3 posts and don't bother to attached the requested "proof of trade" and get binned

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

i understand it takes time and hard work and not shyto do it but when you see how bad some companies are it makes u think i have just done all your work because they cant organise or communicate with clients leaving me to wonder if i gave that kind of service i would not be working but these large companies get away with it and charge a fortune but small companies cant compete with them.

i heard adt and tyco are in bad way due to the economic crisis in america couldnt have happened to 2 better buly boy companies hope it gets worse and for all those other companies that hit you with 90 days plus retention you also deserve to go to the wall since thats wot you do with this ridiculos payment terms

Now there you do have a point, but only cos so many people start subcontracting when they have no experience of running a business and think its an easy life.

No one in his right mind, running any sort of business, would accept or carry out work without agreeing a price and payment terms first, and knowing how much they need to charge in order to make it worthwhile.

Yet I hear of subbies doing it all the time, especially when it comes to the cost of running a vehicle.

i understand it takes time and hard work and not shyto do it but when you see how bad some companies are it makes u think i have just done all your work because they cant organise or communicate with clients leaving me to wonder if i gave that kind of service i would not be working but these large companies get away with it and charge a fortune but small companies cant compete with them.

i heard adt and tyco are in bad way due to the economic crisis in america couldnt have happened to 2 better buly boy companies hope it gets worse and for all those other companies that hit you with 90 days plus retention you also deserve to go to the wall since thats wot you do with this ridiculos payment terms

ADT are one of our biggest clients, and I have never heard of 90 days retention on payments (at least not officially LOL). they are definitely not the worst company we have worked for.

If ADT are in a bad way, I am sure it will probably be there own doing and not their parent company tyco.

Everyone wants more money.... it's never enough is it??

And I agree... a job is generally only as good as the engineer who does it.

We've got a couple of very good subbies who never let us down, or our clients... and they charge big money and i'm happy(ish !) to pay it because I know I will never get any comebacks.

But I think you're being a little too idealistic.... Subbies generally turn up to work with a tool bag, materials are dellivered, they get told what to do, and go home (optimistically) at 4.00 pm.

They don't necessarily spend a week of their own time (and money) visiting a job two or three times, preparing a detailed specification, a quotation, amend it all two or three times... and then wait a month or so for a decision....

I may be generalising a bit but you get the idea....

My firm could not charge

ADT are one of our biggest clients, and I have never heard of 90 days retention on payments (at least not officially LOL). they are definitely not the worst company we have worked for.

If ADT are in a bad way, I am sure it will probably be there own doing and not their parent company tyco.

no xxxxxxxxx are they dont pay anybody ever :ranting: all the best mate u should be happy ur team won yesterday but its hard to keep u lot happy and st pats day the moora enjoy all the best bud and hate to say this but your gypo team was the best yesterday but the league will be ours he he ha ha go on the gers :cold2::whistle: that wee guy way the hat and scarf doesnt no who ta support

beer or wine? ;)

lol

I'm calling Norris McWhirter (he's dead I know, :rolleyes: ) as I think you just broke the world record for sentence length :P !

should I move this to the rants & rave section :lol:

cheers

C.

would that be the footballer norrie u talking about very nice man he was

Archived