Security Installer Community

Average Rate For Subbies Lets All Get It Right

I see both sides. Im a subbie to other firms, as well as having a portfolio of my own clients. Ive also worked for a national and contracted in subbies myself. Lets face it, subbies are going to be used more often in this climate, and if you are good, and can make your "employer" money as well, you should do well. You are not going to make yourself rich as a single engineers subbing yourself out, buy if you have a few guys, you could make a tidy sum.

However, there are far too many that cant do the job properly, and give the game a bad name, charging silly rates. I think Ive used a few....

It's just business,plain and simple (I sort of couldn't get to grips with the topic in it's pesent format!).

As ESP pointed out the bigger companies have bigger overheads/share holders etc. that need to be satsified while maintaining a reasonable margin - we were up against a local company of one man and his two dogs for a reasonable maintenance contract who was charging the engineer out at

Yes, from the "company" point of view, it begins with overhead, then works its way into margins.

Most company charges are built from the ground up by averaging out the number of available man hours, divided by the total cost of overhead, and then a margin added - for profit or contingency. A one man business, operating a van, contribution to household bills for home office expenses, phones, some printing and stationery, minimal admin, legal and accounting fees, can easily find himself with an overhead of around

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

totay agree with you 7 years now and money has got better but you look at the prices on the jobs you do for compannies it is a pittence to that we should all put our prices up and force ther hand. if they can charge FROM

Yes, from the "company" point of view, it begins with overhead, then works its way into margins.

Most company charges are built from the ground up by averaging out the number of available man hours, divided by the total cost of overhead, and then a margin added - for profit or contingency. A one man business, operating a van, contribution to household bills for home office expenses, phones, some printing and stationery, minimal admin, legal and accounting fees, can easily find himself with an overhead of around

I can't be arsed to read all that but the fact is, if you think being a subby is hard work, try this end of the stick. Trying to make a new company work, and yes its just the same for us, everyone is undercutting everyone and taking all the money out of the job.

However you flip it, it is not an easy life, get on with it or get over it.

PS: You can always go cards in.

I can't be arsed to read all that but the fact is, if you think being a subby is hard work, try this end of the stick. Trying to make a new company work, and yes its just the same for us, everyone is undercutting everyone and taking all the money out of the job.

However you flip it, it is not an easy life, get on with it or get over it.

PS: You can always go cards in.

if you cant be arsed reading it dont comment u dont know the full story

is this your genral attitude cant be arsed or just todays

just thought u would get yer bit in without reading it is a bit ignorant

if you cant be arsed reading it dont comment u dont know the full story

is this your genral attitude cant be arsed or just todays

just thought u would get yer bit in without reading it is a bit ignorant

I read your point, just not the whole thread, but its nothing new.

Some subbies live in a dream world, where they think companies make a mint but they don't.

What you make is down to you, if you are willing to work for a rate you are not happy with then you are your own worst enemy.

If you can not get a rate you like then i would change what i was doing. There are subbies who do very well, and there are some [you a guess?] who don't.

That is down to them and no one else.

Its the 'poor me' attitude a can't stand.

Now i'm off to book a subby in and make a fortune off his back......................................................i don't think.

Archived