Security Installer Community

Busy Busy Boy

fastalarms

ok fast but one mor epoint before i go.

you talk about these c##p euro cylinders and replace them with decent professional type cylinders AFTER they have been defeated.

then in a post or 2 talk about fitting a bottom end alarm and say its better than nowt... im sure they guy that fitted the original euro cylinder thought the same as well.

James

Point proven IMO

ok fast but one mor epoint before i go.

you talk about these c##p euro cylinders and replace them with decent professional type cylinders AFTER they have been defeated.

then in a post or 2 talk about fitting a bottom end alarm and say its better than nowt... im sure they guy that fitted the original euro cylinder thought the same as well.

James

Dont worry the consumer is just as cynical about the alarms I fit as you are and they will only fit them if its all they can afford.

At the end of the day the sensors pick up movement and the sirens sound. They aren't passed for insurance purposes or for police response but they

pay what money they can and get what they can afford.

With a 104db siren at the front , rear and inside the house believe me they are definately loud enough. In fact every customer has been shocked at how loud they are.

If people want insurance rated or a urn then they will come to you.

Redbull as daft as it sounds I would suggest buying a YALE 6400 on your firms expenses as a taxable write off and do a practice install and test of the system. You may be pleasantly surprised. The quality of the hardware in terms of look and feel certainly beats the recent grade 2 system I bought at more than twice the cost.

wow 20 installs in 14 days is good going fastalarms

Sorry my maths must be out somewhere there. I have done six this week.

wed autodialler

thurs siren based

friday autodialler and direct sale for a self fit

saturday autodialler

sun off

Mon office

Tue autodialler

wednesday autodialler

today leaflet dropping.

average margin after costs

If the alarms are programmed correctly then they won't be getting any 2k fines from the council unless the alarm has been installed to go for more than 20 minutes.

Fortunately I only fit bells sub 10 metres as the batteries have to be changed so there is no point sticking them right up to the eaves. No wire needing protection from cutting and level with the top of the upstairs windows is usually high enough to be out of harms way and if positioned correctly reachable for a battery change without a ladder.

The sounders are a difficult one.

If the norm becomes silent alarms then the practice will soon be for criminals to cut the phone line first and then wait to see if there is a response. No response and they will know its party time.

I am definately a fan of external sounders. After 100 installs now I am more than confident that systems can be set up not to give false alarms.

LMAO

LMAO

Obviously what I mean is that it is reachable from the second floor window NOT reachable from the floor without a ladder.

You did realise that didn't you?

I`ll pass the other items and concentrate on the above.

Anti drill faces...............fine i`ll tell you how to bypass them shall I.

Anti bump, close but no cigar I have tools that still defeat them in a similar time. If used correctly.

Snap off ends, lol. Do more damage than good. Plus give easier access to other opening methods.

Think of the ways to defeat all of the above you mention then add another 10.

Now UI wonder where that video they took of me training the police firearms squad on fast entry methods with no noise and no damage.........

Only an experienced Locksmith and Electronic enginneer`s thoughts.

I defer to your superior knowledge. I would also expect that you know more than the average spotty oik chav burglar. Surely the highest available quality euro has got to be better than a standard one when faced with an average burglar rather than an expert like yourself.

Sorry my maths must be out somewhere there. I have done six this week.

wed autodialler

thurs siren based

friday autodialler and direct sale for a self fit

saturday autodialler

sun off

Mon office

Tue autodialler

wednesday autodialler

today leaflet dropping.

average margin after costs

fast thanks for the offer but obviously i do know about other products, but im not allowed to use yale as an approved company. Now, the nsi, ssaib, british standards nor european norms recognise your favorite brand for professional installation. You can ignore this if you like but unfortunatly that is a fact.

I do wish you luck i really do, but i cant sit here reading what your advising members of the public to do, its just not good advise im afraid.

but we are off subject now.

I do find the contrast of you post strange ie critising std diy type locks as not very god then advising a yale system with a dialler to be the thing to do.

I cant see how you can have it both ways. ie either the locks that you replace much like the yale systems we replace are a similar ilk both with similar problems.

re the sounder issue. GRanted all alarms are limited (or should be) to 15 mins (if en complaint) per arm period.

Are you saying you config your systems not to rearm, ie they can only ring once? so if its say a faulty sensor it wont keep activating it will only set your alarm of the once.

im not saying there is no case for external bells i happen to think there is, depending on the risk etc.

europe dont really use external sounders as a matter of course, its mainly a uk thing. BUt europe is much bigger in signalling than we are. Oh and they have lower burglary figures than us..... wonder why.

anyway done to death, you know my thoughts and i know yours.

ps good luck

James

ps

I defer to your superior knowledge. I would also expect that you know more than the average spotty oik chav burglar. Surely the highest available quality euro has got to be better than a standard one when faced with an average burglar rather than an expert like yourself.

couldnt agree more

oh and ref oxo point above.... you can easily spot a yale system by the yale bellbox so not only can a perp do that... he can have virtual inside knowledge about whats installed without seeing it.

They do have a market...it just aint as a professionally installed system

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived