Security Installer Community

Busy Busy Boy

fastalarms

Guest old-hand
You can guess , cylinder defeating without keys.. public forum and all no further to add.

Every new house in the last five years with pvc doors may as well have had no locks.

I don't even have to ask when I get to a burgled house.

Every....very broad statement that.

You assume that only a profile lock is fitted, no supplementary or anti lift fitted.

You can guess , cylinder defeating without keys.. public forum and all no further to add.

Every new house in the last five years with pvc doors may as well have had no locks.

What does not help is cheap carp euro cylinders fitted by the manufacturer. Like no name brands.

djrock

we had a quote come in for a alarm system yesterday , burglers seem to have got in through a euro cyclinder lock also. my thought was a bump key as it was nde.

the last few pvc doors ive seen recently, seem to be away from euro cyclinders. now fitted with the mortice locks.

Guest old-hand
What does not help is cheap carp euro cylinders fitted by the manufacturer. Like no name brands.

djrock

No what does not help is when people move into new (or new to them ) properties and do not change the locks. Who knows who has a copy?

When you do move use a good locksmith BLI or as it was known MLA ( British Locksmiths Institute, or Master Locksmiths Association), they will suggest good replacements cylinders ect, and give further security advise. Most NSI alarm companies can and offer do provide this service too (as we do).

No what does not help is when people move into new (or new to them ) properties and do not change the locks. Who knows who has a copy?

When you do move use a good locksmith BLI or as it was known MLA ( British Locksmiths Institute, or Master Locksmiths Association), they will suggest good replacements cylinders ect, and give further security advise. Most NSI alarm companies can and offer do provide this service too (as we do).

That also but it does not help having a cheap lock fitted.

Every....very broad statement that.

You assume that only a profile lock is fitted, no supplementary or anti lift fitted.

Method of entry precludes most anti bump or anti drill measures.

Many doors with glass panels are equally as 'safe' needing only a simple method of entry.

The point is it would have only cost the builders

so far this week done 2 quotes with breakins through front door.

also one of our systems had a breakin through the front door. it was policed as we dont use 6.4.4.... but lots of people do, so i fear this trend will continue and become far more popular among perps.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

bump key infomation already in the public domain

I have made a bump key and its pritty amazing how easy it opens my test lock and my test lock only. Would never ever use it on locks in use.

also one of our systems had a breakin through the front door.

I tell a lie , I have been to a house broken into via the front door.

However there was a reason it was on the edge of an estate and facing open land therefore the front of the house was actually the safest from prying eyes.

Back to back houses are obviously front entry also.

also one of our systems had a breakin through the front door. it was policed as we dont use 6.4.4.... but lots of people do, so i fear this trend will continue and become far more popular among perps.

As a newbie , what's 6.4.4

Archived