Security Installer Community

Busy Busy Boy

fastalarms

some require protecting NOW and FAST. even if its only a lock upgrade or a dummy box.

A dummy box doesn't protect anyone .... but it does serve to devalue the deterrent effect of genuine bell boxes. That is bad for our industry in general and specifically for your customers who have paid for an active alarm.

Fitting dummies is quick, easy money .... but not clever.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

A dummy box doesn't protect anyone .... but it does serve to devalue the deterrent effect of genuine bell boxes. That is bad for our industry in general and specifically for your customers who have paid for an active alarm.

QFA

I'm often asked but would never, ever fit one, doing so would put all of my regular customers at risk of being thought only to have dummy boxes.

So the days have gone that fitting a dummy box could deter a burglar, now it has little or no deterrent value.

djrock

to be honest and IMHO the days of audible only alarms being a detterent are numbered if not gone.

Seeing lots of breakins on audible only systems where the perps just let it ring, they know no-one will respond these days. Also they seem to be checking if nextdoor etc are out before the hit the home.

Commercials have for some time had little or no protection from audible only.

I think the point that is being made here is that if you see a bellbox with xyz alarms on it and they are usually dummies, then those with real xyz alarms are more vulnerable because the belief will be its justa dummy.

We dont fit dummy boxes without systems either for this reason, you see a sia bell you know its got a real system behind it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

So the days have gone that fitting a dummy box could deter a burglar, now it has little or no deterrent value.

Did it ever have a real deterrent value?

I don't know because I am not in the trade.

Fair comment, I don't believe it ever deterred and in the current economic climate real security is more important than ever.

On the subject of dummy boxes.

I would fit unbranded boxes with a flashing led.

That way as you say it would not point to my installs being only dummy boxes.

As for bells only being no detterent that depends exactly on the neighbours.

If you have good neighbours then a bells only will work if you have no relationship with neighbours

then a bells only will simply be ignored or reported as a nuisance.

Sirens do have some effect in that the burglars hurry up when the sirens start. 80% of my installs are auto diallers

giving the owners response options.

I don't understand the installing of monitored alarms wiithout sirens as even though the burglary may be notified to the arc the burglars being unaware will just carry on filling their swag bags..

Actually I do understand the reason its to prevent you cancelling your monitoring contract and ending up with nothing but dummy boxes.

Great marketing c##p customer service.

Great marketing c##p customer service.

When you first came on here you posted similar remarks ... then you seemed to listen to other members and learn from us ..... but now you're back to square one.

I disagree with almost all of your last post, and for good reason.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived