Security Installer Community

Busy Busy Boy

fastalarms

Had a busy week this week and have installed 6 alarms.

THREE to people who had been burgled via their eurocylinder lock.

I will be buying some Eurocylinder locks and sash jammers to add to my vans stock.

Also fitted a safe as I carry those on board too. For someone with a Scooby and worried about the keys being stolen.

I am still not happy with my local neignbourhood and community police as despite my offering lock replacements, sash jammers and sold secure safe installations as well as dummy bell box fittings they won't endorse me as I don't have NACOSS despite it being irrelevant to those particular applications.

When the last three houses I have been to have been entered by defeating the Euro cylinder which I can swap for secure ones in a jiffy it is a little peturbing.

I am a good guy on a white horse but my local community police team tried to get me banned from advertising on a local website because they had a prescence on it and were worried it would be seen as them endorsing me.

Hey not everyone is a millionaire and as I see on an almost daily basis some require protecting NOW and FAST. even if its only a lock upgrade or a dummy box.

Rant over. :rolleyes:

So what sort of ways were the euro cylinders being defeated? Snapping? Drilling? Bumping? Letterbox tool? Or use of a special tool that uses a sort of design flaw in euro cylinders with a thumb turn.

djrock

Guest old-hand
We leave keys in 2 of our doors, is this a problem?

Apart from invalidating your insurance.......................This is public.

You know i`m a Locksmith too m8ty

Profile cylinder defeating, or keys left in direct sight of letter box or worse left in door?

You can guess , cylinder defeating without keys.. public forum and all no further to add.

Every new house in the last five years with pvc doors may as well have had no locks.

I don't even have to ask when I get to a burgled house.

Archived