Security Installer Community

"anti Virus 2009"

Guest anguscanplay

Tried it when Norton ran out. Couldn't get rid of it on the server and it kept false alarming. Ended up with sophos. I wish I could find a low cost centrally managed av and spam solution for less than 2k for 15 machines.

Tempted to use Linux for the server stuff and security essentials on the desktops.

Anyone know if security essentials is only license for home non business use?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Norton should be in the bad word filter list!

I'm on Kapersky and I like it lot's. stopped most of the spam E-mails and I (think) I'm virus free.

.... and I got if free for the first year on all my machines courtesy of Barclays Bank.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

• 1 month later...

Tried it when Norton ran out. Couldn't get rid of it on the server and it kept false alarming. Ended up with sophos. I wish I could find a low cost centrally managed av and spam solution for less than 2k for 15 machines.

Tempted to use Linux for the server stuff and security essentials on the desktops.

Anyone know if security essentials is only license for home non business use?

It was for home use only but this has just changed, You can now use it on up to 10 PC:s in a small company

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/eula.aspx#mainNav

i'd be real careful with protecting vital servers, previous firm the wife worked for, were IT support, they always used Sophos, not cheap up highly regarded.

i don't have a server (blow up handling my typo's :whistle: ), Curently i use PCTools AV provided free by Virgin Media for 3 machines, figure if they provide it free most likely to reduce the loads on their servers from viruses, coupled with a paid for version of the highly recommended by me STOPziilla.

i used to hate Norton, the disk doctor was more a disk destroyer imho,

conversly, found 360 supplied with a new lappy, was surprisingly well behaved.

for those with Symantec removal problems there is a free utility on the site to remove it completely, why they don't provide that in the box or on the program bar beats me.

otherwise it's search and edit the reg file to get ride of all referrences to symantec.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived