Security Installer Community

"anti Virus 2009"

Guest anguscanplay

• 1 year later...

Any of you fellas clued up on virus. I keep getting an anti virus pop about 4 times a day per screen asking to clean /delete a Win32/Coniker.B file. System says its gone then about 4 hours later same message.

Im pretty sure this started to happen yesterday when i had to change my router. Yes i left my protection of when first testing. ive now closed my firewall down but im thinking this feker is already in.

Any idea how i get rid?

Customers!

Saw this about 2 years ago. It's related/linked to Microsoft and Servers.

Bit of detail here.

Some AV packages deal with it, some seem to baulk at it and flag up the warning. What AV package are you using?

Another thing to watch for is the warning may be getting generated due to the 'problem' being historic and is not currectly active but residing in System restore files.

We got it on a brand new server, not connected to the internet and installing a Microsoft disc of Server 2008.

look it up in the forums of your anti virus provider, somebody will have had it & removed before you.

turning system restore off, starting & scanning from safe mode might do the trick ?

Yep. Kaspersky sorted us out. The MS AV software didn't.

Kaspersky is worse than some virus imo. PLus the amounts of times it gives false positives is annoying. I know the single user version is well liked by the press but the corporate version is shocking imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Kaspersky is worse than some virus imo.

used at work for the last couple of yrs (small office security) w/o any issues.

good enough for my needs & dirt cheap.

I assume it no better than the home product but with password to stopo end user form switching off ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Kaspersky is worse than some virus imo. PLus the amounts of times it gives false positives is annoying. I know the single user version is well liked by the press but the corporate version is shocking imo

Can't agree with you there.

Only ever had one problem with it and that was resolved with an update. It was not virus related but a conflict with Vista on Dell lappy.

Regarding protection, ease of use and 'interference' i can't fault it.

Archived