Security Installer Community

Alarm For My New House.

SteveOh

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I've tried a supplier that is local to me (not sure if I can name em begins with Gardi) and they refused to sell me a Honeywell Galaxy because I haven't been trained by Honeywell...

I can still buy it online... but is it worth it?

Due to this and the recci that the Galaxy is hard to program and not user friendly for domestics I'm thinking about fitting a Texecom Premier with Flush RKP with Prox and Odysee 5 box.

I have a house that will require 6 PIRs, one is in the utility room with lots of heat, that fluctuates, would I be better putting a good dualtec in there?

Can someone recommend a good PIR (make and model) for this and the other 5?

Also which comms module should I get, so that I can be emailed on alarm etc?

Thanks for your patience and advice.. :bruce_h4h:

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I've tried a supplier that is local to me (not sure if I can name em begins with Gardi) and they refused to sell me a Honeywell Galaxy because I haven't been trained by Honeywell...

I can still buy it online... but is it worth it?

Well, well. Finally, a brach manager with a conscience. They usually push Honeywell all they can, whenever they can and to whoever they can.

Well, well. Finally, a brach manager with a conscience. They usually push Honeywell all they can, whenever they can and to whoever they can.

Doesn't make a difference now, there are lots of online suppliers that don't have any conscience and will sell at just about the same price :whistle:

But then again its maybe the way to go... :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Doesn't make a difference now, there are lots of online suppliers that don't have any conscience and will sell at just about the same price :whistle:

But then again its maybe the way to go... :hmm:

Indeed. But its's the double standards practiced that amuse me.

Heard Honeywell has had a rethink over the Galaxy being on open sale as now the do not have enough tech support staff to answer the phones, looks like they might be restricting sales again.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 1 month later...
Due to this and the recci that the Galaxy is hard to program and not user friendly for domestics I'm thinking about fitting a Texecom Premier with Flush RKP with Prox and Odysee 5 box.

I have a house that will require 6 PIRs, one is in the utility room with lots of heat, that fluctuates, would I be better putting a good dualtec in there?

Can someone recommend a good PIR (make and model) for this and the other 5?

Also which comms module should I get, so that I can be emailed on alarm etc?

I am no expert but why not just stick with the Texecom range for everything (PIRs, Bell boxes, Smoke Alarms, modules etc.) THey seem to do everything and it should interface well with the control panel. If not you can contact Texecom Technical Support as a 'one stop shop'.

I am no expert but why not just stick with the Texecom range for everything (PIRs, Bell boxes, Smoke Alarms, modules etc.) THey seem to do everything and it should interface well with the control panel. If not you can contact Texecom Technical Support as a 'one stop shop'.

and many do just that for run of the mill systems, it reduces the stock levels that need to be carried for replacements

with wired detectors, the range of and functionality is enourmouse, so restricting yourself (and so your clients) to one sect of the market, can be limiting and so counter productive.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived