Security Installer Community

Alarm For My New House.

SteveOh

Hi fellas...

I've just moved into a new house and would like to fit an alarm.

I'm a spark by trade but have been out of the business for over 600 years... or so it would seem by the way stuff has moved on.

I would like a system that's hi spec,

I like the sound of the Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 control panel and probably Honeywell detectors.

Does the Galaxy sms me on an alarm?

Is this panel a good one?

Are you allowed to recommend an online retailer and if you are who?

thanks for any help

I like the sound of the Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 control panel and probably Honeywell detectors.

not a bad choice, Galaxy not too bad. :rolleyes::whistle: tee hee..

ok lets get serious, good choice if you can get a hold of one.....not for the novice mind...manual is a couple of days read and i am sure the galaxy lads will be along later to give you more than just humour....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Many things to decide here Steve but although the Gal G2 is a good panel it is intnded for installers rather than DIY.

Depending on how many detectors are required then the Gardtec 490x is a good panel and with its 8 zones on board wired you can have 8 additional wireless zones via an expander for the places you cannot get cable to. Detector wise the Honeywell Dual Tecs are good(a bit big though)

Security Warehouse (link at top of page is good).

Why not get 3 quotes in from installers to see what equipment they would install. You might be surprised by the price and get the system installed by a pro.

cheers

!

just out of interest, what grade is the 490x?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

G2-20 is a good panel. We use them for domestic bells only over 8 zones (the 2-20 has 12 zones built in, with an 8 zone expander available). Not too hard to program (not the same as the bigger G3 galaxys) but you do need to be familiar with some alarm terminology.

just out of interest, what grade is the 490x?

Same as the CPX but in a metal endstation and with the contour keypad.

Trade Member

Hi fellas...

I've just moved into a new house and would like to fit an alarm.

I'm a spark by trade but have been out of the business for over 600 years... or so it would seem by the way stuff has moved on.

Does the Galaxy sms me on an alarm?

Is this panel a good one?

Are you allowed to recommend an online retailer and if you are who?

thanks for any help

blimey thats a really long time :lol:

galaxy is the bees knees and imho the way to go hey redbull :P

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

galaxy is the bees knees and imho the way to go hey redbull :P

And available from the online DIY store (click banner Ad)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Galaxy is a fine panel but i have to say the manuals with the premier are superb and its well documented. Way better than the gal for the manual if your a bit green.

I was thinking more partset's and easier to use / understand.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived