Security Installer Community

Menvier M800

RutlandGizz

So let me get this right, it's ok for us to be mouthed off at on here? OK fair enough, I thought maybe the mod's might have done some moding but it seems not much has changed around the site in the last few months, well never mind. Anyway as we're all here for advice (and to be gobbed off at without being able to have a voice.... freedom of speech and all that)

MY ADVICE,

PAY SOMEONE TO DO THE JOB IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

ASK FOR ADVICE POLITELY AND WITH RESPECT

READ THE ENGINEER MANUAL IF YOU HAVE ONE... EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS IN THERE.

NOW THAT'S HELPFUL

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

been quiet on this one - even after Dave's reference to me :ranting::P

so now for my views,

we often seem to forget new members both public or trade are not used to forum conversation, this forum is often their first experience of using one.

so the 'constriction' of a an enquirer or answer is not as polished as those with more experience, and they are at a disadvantage explaining their problem. if your that good at everything, think back to the last time you bought a part for a car did conversation go like "it's about so long by so high, black in the middle....." get my drift?

now given that even many experienced alarm engineers can't get their heads a around and even hate iD (but why i won't ever know because it is just so eazy peazy) and many even struggle with EOL or DEOL wiring, installing parrot fashion of the manual rather than fully understanding it.

the simple advice to the o/p is "you are unfortunately out of your depth, either get a panel you have a chance to fully understand like a securitec or G490 or pay a local company to finish it off".

the idea of the diy section is to help explain some of the simpler things which mystify the non pro-installer, it is not ever a 'right of passage' brought about by forum membership to a full free training course on the more exotic stuff we do.

so absolutely no need for all that silly testosterone displayed surely - from either 'side'?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

been quiet on this one - even after Dave's reference to me :ranting::P

so now for my views,

we often seem to forget new members both public or trade are not used to forum conversation, this forum is often their first experience of using one.

so the 'constriction' of a an enquirer or answer is not as polished as those with more experience, and they are at a disadvantage explaining their problem. if your that good at everything, think back to the last time you bought a part for a car did conversation go like "it's about so long by so high, black in the middle....." get my drift?

now given that even many experienced alarm engineers can't get their heads a around and even hate iD (but why i won't ever know because it is just so eazy peazy) and many even struggle with EOL or DEOL wiring, installing parrot fashion of the manual rather than fully understanding it.

the simple advice to the o/p is "you are unfortunately out of your depth, either get a panel you have a chance to fully understand like a securitec or G490 or pay a local company to finish it off".

the idea of the diy section is to help explain some of the simpler things which mystify the non pro-installer, it is not ever a 'right of passage' brought about by forum membership to a full free training course on the more exotic stuff we do.

so absolutely no need for all that silly testosterone displayed surely - from either 'side'?

regs

alan

I understand where you are coming from Arfur, but in this instance the OP did get helpful and somewhat humerous/friendly advice...

Until he made his true intentions clear.

If you go back to his first post on the subject - not in this particular thread, you will see why the tone changed.

Whilst someone 'may' sort his system out for a few quid and he trouser the rest, it's a bit of a cheek to suggest it openly in the forum and then get miffed if he doesn't get the response he was hoping for.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

I understand where you are coming from Arfur, but in this instance the OP did get helpful and somewhat humerous/friendly advice...

Until he made his true intentions clear.

If you go back to his first post on the subject - not in this particular thread, you will see why the tone changed.

Whilst someone 'may' sort his system out for a few quid and he trouser the rest, it's a bit of a cheek to suggest it openly in the forum and then get miffed if he doesn't get the response he was hoping for.

i just sometimes think some are way to quick to pull the trigger or point fingers,

just to backup amatureandy on insurance, which became a major bone of contention between some members and the o/p.

insurance is to compensate for the loss suffered and usually is only a percentage of the loss unless an 'old for new' policy, as an example i had an oldish caravan which got badly damaged by storms and the roof caved in. we claimed thinking we might get get

just to backup amatureandy on insurance, which became a major bone of contention between some members and the o/p.

insurance is to compensate for the loss suffered and usually is only a percentage of the loss unless an 'old for new' policy, as an example i had an oldish caravan which got badly damaged by storms and the roof caved in. we claimed

Thanks Arfur, a very important point that some people ignored and were getting very "high and mighty" about.

My father worked for the Pru (man and boy) and I remember him on more than one occasion clarifying this and saying that, in general, it was entirely up to the insured what they should do with the compensation they were paid for their loss.

I did also warn the OP in his first thread about being careful on insurance claims.

Thanks Arfur, a very important point that some people ignored and were getting very "high and mighty" about.

My father worked for the Pru (man and boy) and I remember him on more than one occasion clarifying this and saying that, in general, it was entirely up to the insured what they should do with the compensation they were paid for their loss.

I did also warn the OP in his first thread about being careful on insurance claims.

as it happens, my dad was a 'bought book' agent for Royal London, so like you i got to know some bits and pieces about insurance. he used to say insurance company loss assessors were selected because they could limbo under a toilet door to get out of paying a claim :yes: .

a biggy many people fall foul of is on contents and insuring the full value properly, so if suffering a total loss of say 100k but only insured for 20k you only get a maximum of a 5th of the lose back, could be a real nasty shock :fear: .

regs

alan

Archived