Security Installer Community

Menvier M800

RutlandGizz

Alarmgard, ok to be fair I don't think anyone's going to help this chap after his discracefull comments so rather than everyone carry on lets just say this. NONE OF US ENGINEERS ON HERE WILL TAKE ABUSE OFF ANYONE ON HERE. If so I suggest the topic be locked and the offender removed.

So there it is, lets have the topic locked and the guy removed as there was no need for the comments above. I know Dave will be with us all on the above comments.

Yes you may not be happy with his comments, but like I said if you dont want to help him then don't. The posters that replied would look alot more professional if they had said nothing. If nobody had responded, would the OP have :no:

Guest anguscanplay
Yes you may not be happy with his comments, but like I said if you dont want to help him then don't. The posters that replied would look alot more professional if they had said nothing. If nobody had responded, would the OP have :no:

LOL so its all Dave`s fault then ?

Guest Dave the alarm man
LOL so its all Dave`s fault then ?

me? :hmm: i guess so.....

so I'am guessing OP mothers blew the grand from the insurer (that what the qoute was acorrding to op 1st topic) on something more worth while than an mere alarm ?

helpfull advice :hmm:

i.) buy the correct controls for the wiring

ii.) rewire

iii.) make cheques for claims payable to a contractor rather than the policy holder*

* not suggesting fraud just keeping an open mind ;)

You beat me to it there.... Well said!

IF you read the whole thread from the start the OP asked a perfectly polite and reasonable question.

He even responded in a calm way with a good explanation when challenged in an unhelpful way.

Frankly, the bad behaviour started with the established members who really should know better. OK, so maybe he over-reacted, but what sort of welcome did he get?

As Basil Fawlty said to the Germans eating in his hotel - "You started it" :(

Another great bit of publicity for the forum :cry:

so I'am guessing OP mothers blew the grand from the insurer (that what the qoute was acorrding to op 1st topic) on something more worth while than an mere alarm ?

You don't appear to know much about insurance.

Insurance generally compensates for loss; what you do with the compensation is usually entirely up to you.

She's totally within her rights to do that and to suggest otherwise is at best impolite and at worst may be libel :ninja:

Guest Dave the alarm man
You don't appear to know much about insurance.

but you inhabit the crazy world of arfur mo..... insurance work has "flooded" in this year.....

Insurance generally compensates for loss; what you do with the compensation is usually entirely up to you.

cleints have had a cheque for the full amount waiting for us before we have started any work

She's totally within her rights to do that and to suggest otherwise is at best impolite and at worst may be libel :ninja:

insurance has paid out for a professional installed & certified alarm based on the quote provided for the cost of replacement by professiona company, now surely we all agree that a proper alarm rather than a "tamper free" bodge is in the cleints own interest?

cleints have had a cheque for the full amount waiting for us before we have started any work

Actually the insurance has paid out the amount of the loss, or the proportion of it that is insured as that may not be 100%. So that is exactly what should happen. Any quotes you provide are initially to confirm or establish the loss.

As I said, you don't appear to understand insurance. :unsure:

Guest Dave the alarm man
As I said, you don't appear to understand insurance. :unsure:

I do forget your the fount of all knowledge.....

as for me

i) actively specified by insurers as a proper alarm with monitoring & police response is normally a requirement of a contents policy for commerical buildings..

ii) significant levels of business coming from the loss adjuster....

as for me

ii) significant levels of business coming from the loss adjuster....

And why not, but how is that relevant?

"A Loss adjuster is a term used to describe someone who evaluates the damage caused to property or people when an insurance related accident occurs."

Depending who they represent, among other things they:

"Negotiate with product/service providers on time and cost of repairs for the purpose of making an offer of settlement to the insured"

Archived