Security Installer Community

Menvier M800

RutlandGizz

Hi

Replaced my mum's TS690 with an M800.

2 LCD panels 1 bell box

1 door switch on the LCD at the back door

3 PIRs on zone 0001 using resistors (amazingly I got it to work)

3 PIRs on zone 0002-0004 using tamper circuits

All up and running and working, except...

I can't quite figure out how to program the entry point so that it gives you 15 seconds grace to plug in the code. At the moment the alarm goes of immediately.

The door switch is on the LCD panel zone 1011 - should that be a separate ward and group for entry? The manual isn't terribly clear.

At the mo its all on one ward and one group. All the zones are set up to be normal alarm except the door switch which I tried on Entry and also Final Exit. Didn't seem to make any difference.

A little pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Gizz.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A quick wander down memory lane....

so in june your mother's alarm blew up, the insurance where meant to be coughing up for a new one, now its october & she still does not have a system that works yet?

Its complicated. The insurance coughed, She used the money for something else, I fitted a new alarm unit and panel last week when she asked me to. Don't have a go at me, i just do wot i'm told. I took on board what you guys said in June and reminded her about the insurance, guarantee & maintenance issues etc but she was determined to go the DIY route. She's my mum, I'm not happy but I can't exactly say no, can I?

So, instead of having a go, how about a bit of help? Oh, yeah, sorry, I'm a DIYer, I know everything so i can do it myself.... kthx :)

Guest anguscanplay
If the 3 PIRs on one zone is wrong (why?) then considering the TS690 had all 6 PIRs on one zone (from the professional installer), again don't be so sure you know it all.

you wanna take that statment back ?

As it happened they used iD chips

cause it turns out they wernt all on the same zone - were they?

so I think it would work - but I don't know how to program iD chips (I bow to your infinite wisdom) so I got it working with resistors instead. No its probably not right but considering the low crime area, the absolute lack of anything worth stealing, and the brand new high security windows (that remain locked) in that end of the house its not like the tamper circuit will be got at, even if they could break into that end of the house and then magically dig the cable out from under the oak floor.

nowt to do with any of the above ( though they are also good valid reasons ) tell me which one goes off when the alarm sounds?

Anyway, if anyone out there knows how to program this M800 thing, I'll bung them

If the 3 PIRs on one zone is wrong (why?) then considering the TS690 had all 6 PIRs on one zone (from the professional installer), again don't be so sure you know it all. As it happened they used iD chips so I think it would work - but I don't know how to program iD chips (I bow to your infinite wisdom) so I got it working with resistors instead. No its probably not right but considering the low crime area, the absolute lack of anything worth stealing, and the brand new high security windows (that remain locked) in that end of the house its not like the tamper circuit will be got at, even if they could break into that end of the house and then magically dig the cable out from under the oak floor.

Anyway, if anyone out there knows how to program this M800 thing, I'll bung them

Guest anguscanplay
Nope. So, b0llocks to you, mate. I'll get it working, I mean, how hard can it be? Alarm installation engineers do it all the time.

LOL - good luck ( I am very sure of myself thanks )

Nope. So, b0llocks to you, mate. I'll get it working, I mean, how hard can it be? Alarm installation engineers do it all the time.

Thats right mate, you get the system up and running and look forward to false alarms in the next few years. Why not get an engineer in to programme the system....is it ID or is it not!!!! In the long run it is money well spent

!

What a nice way to ask for help, here's a suggestion, try being polite to people drop the attitude and being a smart //.B.W.F.// and someone might help you. Maybe if you look at it from our point of view, alarm blows up, mum gets insurance money.... umm stuff paying a grand for an alarm... son go and get us one off ebay for 50quid.... here's 20 quid... go and fit it there's a good lad.... umm I think I'll blow the rest on that leather sofa and stuff getting in a proffessional installer like we were given the money to do.... that's it son... off you go with 20 quid in hand and we'll ask the ones we're screwing how to put it right when everything falls apart........ DOES THIS SOUND ABOUT RIGHT TO EVERYONE..... Now that we've sorted that out if you say that you are sorry to my collegue you insulted earlier and show some respect then some of us may decide to help you, if you come on here ranting off on one again being an idoit then we might just suggest that you and any future comments like the above are blocked from the site and you ip address be tagged with your isp to stop you comming on here upsetting everyone again. So you going to ask nicely now so that we can all be friends??? :-)

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Hello, It looks like that you have bought a panel that is a bit too complicated for you to understand how to set it up correctly. Without seeing the Installation manual it does sound like a bit of a complicated panel.

My advice is to read the manual over and over if you still don

I have criticised people in this section before for not being helpful to joe public but this dude deserves both barrels. He has managed to use every belittling statement possible in one thread.

Just pity his neighbours.

Guest Dave the alarm man
again don't be so sure you know it all.

:hmm: I know they do an M800 iD

in that end of the house its not like the tamper circuit will be got at,

the tamper circuit protects the device, so you if you get someone in the house whilst the system is unset be it trades men or dopefiend scumball relation what to stop 'em disabling parts of the system with intent of coming back & robbing?

Alarmgard, ok to be fair I don't think anyone's going to help this chap after his discracefull comments so rather than everyone carry on lets just say this. NONE OF US ENGINEERS ON HERE WILL TAKE ABUSE OFF ANYONE ON HERE. If so I suggest the topic be locked and the offender removed.

So there it is, lets have the topic locked and the guy removed as there was no need for the comments above. I know Dave will be with us all on the above comments.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Alarmgard, ok to be fair I don't think anyone's going to help this chap after his discracefull comments so rather than everyone carry on lets just say this. NONE OF US ENGINEERS ON HERE WILL TAKE ABUSE OFF ANYONE ON HERE. If so I suggest the topic be locked and the offender removed.

So there it is, lets have the topic locked and the guy removed as there was no need for the comments above. I know Dave will be with us all on the above comments.

Well said

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Yes you may not be happy with his comments, but like I said if you dont want to help him then don't. The posters that replied would look alot more professional if they had said nothing. If nobody had responded, would the OP have :no:

Guest anguscanplay
Yes you may not be happy with his comments, but like I said if you dont want to help him then don't. The posters that replied would look alot more professional if they had said nothing. If nobody had responded, would the OP have :no:

LOL so its all Dave`s fault then ?

Guest Dave the alarm man
LOL so its all Dave`s fault then ?

me? :hmm: i guess so.....

so I'am guessing OP mothers blew the grand from the insurer (that what the qoute was acorrding to op 1st topic) on something more worth while than an mere alarm ?

helpfull advice :hmm:

i.) buy the correct controls for the wiring

ii.) rewire

iii.) make cheques for claims payable to a contractor rather than the policy holder*

* not suggesting fraud just keeping an open mind ;)

You beat me to it there.... Well said!

IF you read the whole thread from the start the OP asked a perfectly polite and reasonable question.

He even responded in a calm way with a good explanation when challenged in an unhelpful way.

Frankly, the bad behaviour started with the established members who really should know better. OK, so maybe he over-reacted, but what sort of welcome did he get?

As Basil Fawlty said to the Germans eating in his hotel - "You started it" :(

Another great bit of publicity for the forum :cry:

so I'am guessing OP mothers blew the grand from the insurer (that what the qoute was acorrding to op 1st topic) on something more worth while than an mere alarm ?

You don't appear to know much about insurance.

Insurance generally compensates for loss; what you do with the compensation is usually entirely up to you.

She's totally within her rights to do that and to suggest otherwise is at best impolite and at worst may be libel :ninja:

Archived