Security Installer Community

Laptops For Engineers

Pav

Guest anguscanplay
I have too agree i know you can password protect everything but i also know you can buy software which can get round the passwords

I wonder what n.s.i view point is???

can recover most things too - would like one of those rubber armoured ones bt engineers get though

Would a Laptop make an engineers life easier and save the company money or is just boys & toys?

Laptops should be supplied to engineers as a matter of course however at Initial they are only available to the chosen few. We have 1 laptop between 7 engineers at my branch !!

Yet another example of Rentokil penny pinching.

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Guest anguscanplay
Laptops should be supplied to engineers as a matter of course however at Initial they are only available to the chosen few. We have 1 laptop between 7 engineers at my branch !!

Yet another example of Rentokil penny pinching.

thats to stop you selling them with each sounder cover on ebay

joke sorry couldnt resist

Guest anguscanplay
thats to stop you selling them with each sounder cover on ebay

joke sorry couldnt resist

sorry again that read like i meant any member of this forum when obviously i didnt but i cant get back in to edit it

We issue all are engineer with one. It makes the job easier and quicker to diagonise any problems easier

sorry again that read like i meant any member of this forum when obviously i didnt but i cant get back in to edit it

don't worry Angus,

we do still allow banter :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I use mine everyday for testing data over 485 networks. Also contains our company's parts list and engineering info.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

That's interesting Nikko, would you mind telling me what equipment/software you use. Could be useful for telemetry, etc.

I've had my own laptop for work for about 4-5 years now, I do think in this day and age they should be supplied by the company though, programming some panels now takes so long from the keypad and its too easy to miss something, with the lappy its 5 mins to program a 30 zone panel(with text)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

well my 2p our engineers dont have them. It would be another thing that got broken or nicked. The 2 senior engineers have them and we have replaced 1 3 times and the other once in the last 2 years

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived