m240381

originally i thought it meant "Qualified For Argument's" :whistle:

then i thought it meant "Quite F'ng Agree"

and then later "Question For Arfur"

so i was wrong again - oh dear! still now i know :yes:

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
no i wouldnt have let him wire it like that in the first place! but def wopuldnt lerave it id tell the company and ask their views and if they want the cables moving then would move them if they told me to leave then id document it. if it was my own job tho and he done it id make him rewire it with no wages for the time it takes him to do it properly!!!

regs

cjt

QFA

I'm with you on this one

Trade Member

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking at working for myself at the weekend installing domestic intruder alarms. I am currently qualified as an electrician and hold 16th edition. Do i require part p before i start to install a fused spurs, also to a need to be self cert.

More importanly what is the advice on setting up. Do i sign up for a limited company. I will be working at my current job during the week. Basically to put it bluntly what do i need to set this up

Hi,

I would recommend that you contact local alarm companies and see if you can get some weekend work, that way you can pick up experience and you will not have to go through all the hassle of 'setting up'.

Stew

Now that the "battering" seems to have subsided...

Most of us have done the odd PJ, in fact most employed engineers could get sacked for them or alternatively you could look more positively that most respectable companies were formed by someone "starting out" at the weekends.

I have, I pay my tax, I pay my bills with my suppliers, I earn reasonably good money AND I have a steady income from the other days at my regular job.

This financial year I shall turn over about

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got more challenging things to be baffled by :lol:

Isn't the name a clue? Amateur DIY alarm installer, find the subject interesting and want to know more.

I've learnt a hell of a lot along the way, and try to give something back whenever I can.

I got a good welcome when I started, despite asking some pretty dumb (in retrospect) questions.

Nowadays the greetings to Newbies are rather more variable............. :angry2:

Quite. This forum is not the place it used to be. Too many people so far up their own //.B.W.F.// it puts me off participating anymore.

not alot of sparkies that i know ,have even heard of induced voltage

Unqualified then?

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Archived