Security Installer Community

Setting Up For Weekend Work

m240381

Well I think that my original post caused a bit of a mixed reaction. I cannot thank each and every person enough for the invaluable information. Yes I did leave my original post vague and maybe this was not the best way. But the good thing was that people pressumed, and gave me options to think about that i didn't consider.

The information has given me enough to sink my teeth into for a while.

I think the bottom line is I have a lot to think about before starting this venture. Especially customer after care regards 24hr cover.

Yes I am an electrician in a factory which is why i was asking about the part P.

Just so you are all aware I am not looking at this for a hobby, or am I going in blind, this is a serious proposal. I have experience of fitting and designing. Obviously I have picked it up as I have been going along and I am not saying I know half as much as you guys but everyone has to start somewere.

I will be reviewing everything to see if what I was origianally proposing is possible. (safely)

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Started up a year ago after 20 years in the game and trust me its very very hard work to make a real go of it.

We had 14k to invest to start with for cars tools ladders insurance etc.

All the very best of luck.

... hasnt served at least 3 years in the trade should not ...

:question:

so you think anyone is matured enough after three years?!?

ain't that a bit naive?

for some people it takes half a year where as some people do not "grow" enough during their whole lifetime.

rather stick with something you can "measure" when it comes to skills than just experience by years..

you only sound just like my first mother in law who told me that she knows better because she is older than i was eventhou she had'nt lived for a month.. she thou had heard about "summer of -69" - what ever that means...

maybe someone could tell me since i was still only a blink in my father eye by that time..

Good attitude, wish you every success :)

would like to add one more QFA thou.. :yes:

Guest Alarm Guard
As I am the site virgin can somebody explain QFA?

It means "I agree".... I think it stands for, "quoted for agreement"... something like that.

Archived