Security Installer Community

Setting Up For Weekend Work

m240381

I am looking at working for myself at the weekend installing domestic intruder alarms. I am currently qualified as an electrician and hold 16th edition. Do i require part p before i start to install a fused spurs, also to a need to be self cert.

More importanly what is the advice on setting up. Do i sign up for a limited company. I will be working at my current job during the week. Basically to put it bluntly what do i need to set this up

I see your all very funny! I am looking at setting up on my own but do not want to make the transition full time immediately. I am sure you,ve wanted help some time or another and I'm sure one of you set up at first part time.

Thanks

to be honest its not worth the grief, however a get a company to form your ltd; co.

your 16th edition means sod all to alarms :whistle:

less paper work & more money doing the domestic nic eic thing

Terrible, what if you do a job at the weekend, how on earth can you provide any cover Mon-Fri

I would not even go there, without getting involved with Public Liability Cover, Efficacy Cover, etc etc.

You will also need business vehicle insurance, as your normal one will not cover you for business use, as fitting systems is not using it as social domestic & pleasure.

Yes you will need part P

I would just try getting a part time job, say in a fish and chip shop rather than fitting systems at the weekends!

:ranting:

Terrible, what if you do a job at the weekend, how on earth can you provide any cover Mon-Fri

I would not even go there, without getting involved with Public Liability Cover, Efficacy Cover, etc etc.

You will also need business vehicle insurance, as your normal one will not cover you for business use, as fitting systems is not using it as social domestic & pleasure.

Yes you will need part P

I would just try getting a part time job, say in a fish and chip shop rather than fitting systems at the weekends!

:ranting:

Why a fish and chip shop???....

Yeah we all work part time as well....not

hi all,

now wind your necks in all of you, this is a forum and the guy just asked for some constructive input, not to be flayed alive on the cross of sanctimonious pillockry.

you don't want to offer any help to o/p. fine, then just help everyone else buy not commenting, if your trying to put him off all your doing is getting his back up, and he may well launch off into the unknown without any guidance from anyone - so is that doing his potential clients any service? i don't think so.

he is a trained sparks, so i assume time served so lets show a bit of common respect for a guy who can read a meter and knows what a screwdriver and side cutters are. now hands on hearts, most alarm companies have been started by employed guys doing pj's at the weekend, might be top class trainied installation guys - but without a clue of design, servicing or fault finding techniques.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

now wind your necks in all of you, this is a forum and the guy just asked for some constructive input, not to be flayed alive on the cross of sanctimonious pillockry.

you don't want to offer any help to o/p. fine, then just help everyone else buy not commenting, if your trying to put him off all your doing is getting his back up, and he may well launch off into the unknown without any guidance from anyone - so is that doing his petrential clients any service? i don't think so.

he is a trained sparks, so i assume time served so lets show a bit of common respect for a guy who can read a meter and knows what a screwdriver and side cutters are. now hands on hearts, most alarm companies have been started by employed guys doing pj's at the weekend, might be top class trainied installation guys - but without a clue of design, servicing or fault finding techniques.

regs

alan

Did you just make up the word "Petrential"?

As usual on here he got flamed, but a fully trained spark should know the regs on part P :unsure:

The older I get, the faster I was.

Archived