Security Installer Community

Home Alarm Advice Please

Guest Riggers

To include, 1 Veritas 8c, 3 Texecom PIRs, 2 D/cs, 1 p/a, 1 Ody 1e bell, and a dummy. this also includes Minor works orders too. We install 40 a week and keep our costs down that way. Fitters get about

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

thats what i was sutterly getting at. But i think thats the only way to stay in business. We have a couple of companies by us that do this. Id like to see if their around in a couple of years. I may be over critical, but i cant see how you can install it, over emergency calllout and warranty etc thats all

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Some 2 mans teams do 2 a day, (2 man is usually low paid ), all these are contractors who fit so the tax side is on their side.

As bell man said, many years ago some engineers did 'throw' them in. But not anymore. Regarding profit, we make most profit on service, and minimal on installation. Its worked for many years and still does. And the owner is not without a penny or two!

I agree that a stand alone system is not the best, but customer will not pay, 'as a rule' for more equipment.

We servie about 300 systems a week so our money comes from here mostly.

Just trying to do my job

Some 2 mans teams do 2 a day, (2 man is usually low paid ), all these are contractors who fit so the tax side is on their side.

As bell man said, many years ago some engineers did 'throw' them in. But not anymore. Regarding profit, we make most profit on service, and minimal on installation. Its worked for many years and still does. And the owner is not without a penny or two!

I agree that a stand alone system is not the best, but customer will not pay, 'as a rule' for more equipment.

We servie about 300 systems a week so our money comes from here mostly.

do you tie your client to a 5 year contract?

yhis used to be the ploy of Burgots, Combat and Shield Protection. the instal was cheap, the 1st year r&m was cheap, but shot up every year afterwards by 50% or more. client trapped by contract. i don't know if unfair contracts legislation stopped it these days.

if you don't do the above and your client stops the r&m contract say after a year - do you not lose serious money, or do you accept it as swings and round - a - bouts?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived