Security Installer Community

Home Alarm Advice Please

Guest Riggers

At risk of getting into trouble I would like to ask trautbeck if theyve stopped using 4 core cable for everything. Im sorry but I work in Leeds and have seen many many very rough systems fitted by the big name in leeds.

trautbeck is right they sell thousands of systems and they have at least one bell box on most streets in Leeds.

I would like to think quality has improved but Ive been called into fix faults and the only option to me has been to fit a complete new system including wireing.

hi CNS Rawdon,

if using EOL or iD 4 core i fine, most i know run in 6 or 8 core for allowing spares throughout, and it also stops you being dopey running a 4 core instead of an 8 core.

4 core profile is smaller so easier to hide, no regs against either.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest CNS Rawdon

At risk of getting into trouble I would like to ask trautbeck if theyve stopped using 4 core cable for everything. Im sorry but I work in Leeds and have seen many many very rough systems fitted by the big name in leeds.

trautbeck is right they sell thousands of systems and they have at least one bell box on most streets in Leeds.

I would like to think quality has improved but Ive been called into fix faults and the only option to me has been to fit a complete new system including wireing.

hi CNS Rawdon,

if using EOL or iD 4 core i fine, most i know run in 6 or 8 core for allowing spares throughout, and it also stops you being dopey running a 4 core instead of an 8 core.

4 core profile is smaller so easier to hide, no regs against either.

regs

alan

I know that they used 4 core for pir's no tampers ID or EOL just **** systems

CNS is quite correct in what he says. No tamper connections and until a few years ago no fused spurs fitted, mains supply directly off the ring main, cables thrown under carpets not even clipped, polyprop bell boxes, with no battery back up or tamper. Panic buttons not fixed to the wall but just left under the bed, yes I

Archived