Security Installer Community

Recommend a Gadget filled alarm

Matthew Gregson

Hiya Guys.

We've had a spate of burglaries in the area in the past few weeks and even though I have a 6 camera cctv setup I thought it best to also fit an Alarm.

As a gadget freak I was ready to push the button on an Agility3 but then I stumbled across this forum ;)

So I'm here to ask for help navigating the minefield.

I need a wife friendly system that I can arm/disarm via an app and also record CCTV in the event of a trigger.

Ideally wireless....We've just renovated and dont want any wires on show (Actually if were quick we could go wired downstairs but time is running out)

texecom elite can be controlled via an app. it needs a cable between panel & RKP but everything else can be wired or wireless. i tend to use a mixture of wired where possible and wireless when not practical to wire

for CCTV, probably best keep the system separate on continuous record, at least it would catch any activity before the alarm was triggered

Wires for downstairs sensors are mostly wired from upstairs 

8 minutes ago, Matthew Gregson said:

We've just renovated and dont want any wires on show (Actually if were quick we could go wired downstairs but time is running out)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Imo look elsewhere avoid risco but certainly the agilty

10 hours ago, Matthew Gregson said:

Hiya Guys.

We've had a spate of burglaries in the area in the past few weeks and even though I have a 6 camera cctv setup I thought it best to also fit an Alarm.

As a gadget freak I was ready to push the button on an Agility3 but then I stumbled across this forum ;)

So I'm here to ask for help navigating the minefield.

I need a wife friendly system that I can arm/disarm via an app and also record CCTV in the event of a trigger.

Ideally wireless....We've just renovated and dont want any wires on show (Actually if were quick we could go wired downstairs but time is running out)

Agilty has the best app, but sadly is the worst panel in IMO. I could explain why but how long have you got?

DIY wise Texe Pyronix or Visonic all have their good and bad points, non DIY HKC.

1 hour ago, norman said:

Are HKC not available to DIY?

Do you not remember the conversation we had a couple of weeks ago?

You can buy HKC on Ebay but only the Irish version, or second hand stuff.  HKC wont support DIY, and setting up app is only available to customers with a trade set up login on the secure website.  

Thanks Guys.. The Agility "Looks" the nicest....But the Alarm guy has just been and even though they advertise on their homepage with an offer he recommended the Texecom Ricochet. He said he has the Texecom and his Daughter has the Agility and she would rather have his........

He going to email me the quote asap. So I have time to do more research Etc.

Edited by Matthew Gregson