Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 And Adt Bell Box

Guest Henry Wright

Guest Henry Wright

Sorry I did not mean to upset anyone :( I purchased it in good faith (there are literally 10 of these on //.National Installer.// boxes on EBAY as I write this)

If anyone wants the EBAY username of the guy I purchased it from I'll happily provide.

Looks like I'm back up the ladder tomorrow to swap it with the original Lynteck box.

Nexus 8 Control Panel ADT Bell Box

Hold + --------------------- Red Wire ----------------- +h (+12v)

Hold - ---------------------- Black Wire --------------- -h (0v)

TPR ---------------------- White Wire --------------- RTN (Tamper Return)

TRG ---------------------- Blue Wire ---------------- -R (Siren Trigger)

STR ---------------------- Green Wire --------------- SR (Strobe Trigger)

Your wiring looks ok, tomorrow at the panel remove all wires except the hold+, the bell should then sound as it's powered by it's battery, so connect the (black) hold- and it should silence..?

If the above was ok, and the bells silenced check with a multimeter that you have 0vdc returned on the white cable..?, if you do then remove the link and insert that cable into the TPR terminal,

then try the blue wire (siren trigger) to any 0vdc at the panel, and your sounder should ring.?

then try the green wire (strobe) to any panel 0vdc and check the strobe works.?

come back and report when you've tried the above.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Bought in good faith or not, it's still not right or did you think //.National Installer.// sold their boxes new on ebay :ninja:

Hows that for irony, stolen alarm parts :no:

Take my advice and put the plain white one up. as I have had loads of the bentel boxes faulty from new. :yes:

Please provide ebay account name and i'll report it to both ebay and our office on monday morning..

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

The only reason for using the //.National Installer.// box was that I liked the colour :) The plain white one that came with the Nexus, just did not give the impression of a credible alarm system!

And a //.National Installer.// box gives the impression of a credible system :roflmao:

To the local theif, it might give the imprssion you have a house full of nice stuff, because you have got the biggest alarm company to alarm your house, works two ways.

Do people not understand how it would make Billy feel connected to a Nexus panel.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

And a //.National Installer.// box gives the impression of a credible system :roflmao:
Yup.
To the local theif, it might give the imprssion you have a house full of nice stuff, because you have got the biggest alarm company to alarm your house, works two ways.
They are the biggest, but that does not mean they are the dearest, otherwise they would not sell the volume they do! ;)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

What is the Bentel then?

Does it still fit inside the hex like the Elmedene?

Ref EBAY, //.National Installer.// contacted us with a view of becoming an agent about two years back and i mentioned the boxes, the woman explained that they had a dedicated team in place to eliminate it and they wont be on there much longer.

Looks like they are not that dedicated!

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Do people not understand how it would make Billy feel connected to a Nexus panel.

Maybe 20 years ago your house was a target if you had an alarm because you had to have money to spend on an alarm and had something to protect, now theives know 98% of //.National Installer.// systems (in London, as that is all I have data for) are monitored so the fuzz will be attending (at some point) and with //.National Installer.// dealerships at an all time high in 2003 fitting monitored systems free of charge (false alarm rates soared!) they are not the expensive comodities they once were.

I didn't think bellboxes made a difference until I found a property between two houses had been knocked over, //.National Installer.// either side but they decided the middle house, SOCO reported footprints in all three gardens. Why? Easy target, no alarm, no police, no worries (DVD players Available PM for details! B) ).

Wonder why //.National Installer.// alarms are sounding? Because DIYers are fitting them to Nexus 8's! Do your self a favor if you want to appear protected call //.National Installer.// and chuck your faulty box in the bin. Also bin the Nexus and fit a Galaxy 500.

Also TS100 is an old box.

Please provide ebay account name and i'll report it to both ebay and our office on monday morning..

Still waiting.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived