Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 And Adt Bell Box

Guest Henry Wright

We try to protect our logo so we will not sell or fit decoy boxes on unprotected properties.
Agreed.
//.National Installer.// have been happy for their boxes to appear on unprotected premises for many years because they thought it was good for business, now that the pigeons are coming home to roost they don't like it. Tough! They should have thought it through.
When have //.National Installer.// been happy for boxes to appear on "unprotected properties"? what do you mean by "pigeons coming home to roost" and "they should have thought it through" you are not making any sense, have you not taken you tablet this morning yet?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Alarm Guard
Agreed. When have //.National Installer.// been happy for boxes to appear on "unprotected properties"? what do you mean by "pigeons coming home to roost" and "they should have thought it through" you are not making any sense, have you not taken you tablet this morning yet?

The //.National Installer.// salesmen I have known have been very happy to see lots of //.National Installer.// boxes around. They feel it helps them to sell alarms if they can point out that several other premises nearby have an //.National Installer.// box, and I know for definate that //.National Installer.// have fitted a decoy boxes to premises with no alarm on the understanding that the owner will purchase an alarm 'when finances improve'. We won't do that.

I also know that in Leeds //.National Installer.// fitted boxes to some empty premises with the hope that the new occupants would then have an //.National Installer.// alarm fitted.

If I know of these cases, there must be thousands more similar around the country.

pigeons coming home to roost?.... If you see a premises with our box you can be pretty certain that the property is alarmed, but an //.National Installer.// box is no indication that the premises has an alarm, and //.National Installer.// have turned a blind eye to this problem because like the misguided salesmen they thought the proliferation of their boxes was good for business, but how long before the //.National Installer.// box becomes so common and so well known as an Ebay product that it has little detterent effect?

Paul

Sorry went out last night and missed the last few posts,

The ebay seller was called dg141266

He

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I know for definate that //.National Installer.// have fitted a decoy boxes to premises with no alarm on the understanding that the owner will purchase an alarm 'when finances improve'. We won't do that.

Come on then name names and tell me where and i'll query it with leeds as that is in direct contravention of company rules (the boxes are leased to customer not sold so would require a contract signing).

I also know that in Leeds //.National Installer.// fitted boxes to some empty premises with the hope that the new occupants would then have an //.National Installer.// alarm fitted.

You could go to virtually any street in the country and point out //.National Installer.// boxes so I wouldn't have thought the salesmen would have to go around screwing dummies to empty buildings.

As for ebay, they have been pulling eng's in and sacking them for selling our kit on there and quite rightly too :yes:

As I mentioned above one of the guys that got sacked was from our branch (leeds) and that was over a single bell box.

Regards

Bellman

The //.National Installer.// salesmen I have known have been very happy to see lots of //.National Installer.// boxes around.
Any company salesman would feel the same, who are the "salesmen" that you know?
They feel it helps them to sell alarms if they can point out that several other premises nearby have an //.National Installer.// box,
You are getting confused with the local fascia men who leaflet the area!
and I know for definate that //.National Installer.// have fitted a decoy boxes to premises with no alarm on the understanding that the owner will purchase an alarm 'when finances improve'. We won't do that.
I have know for this to be done when the system is in process of being ordered and the sub is suffering from problems, but not as an 'open' timescale.
Ah! Allerton Alarms, I have seen a few near your old office! How long have you been away from Leeds? must be 10 years since, was this the original //.National Installer.//, or the, as is TYCO //.National Installer.//?
If I know of these cases, there must be thousands more similar around the country.
Why must there?
pigeons coming home to roost?.... If you see a premises with our box you can be pretty certain that the property is alarmed, but an //.National Installer.// box is no indication that the premises has an alarm,
I would say that the percentage is still extreemly high.
//.National Installer.// have turned a blind eye to this problem because like the misguided salesmen they thought the proliferation of their boxes was good for business,
Says who?
but how long before the //.National Installer.// box becomes so common and so well known as an Ebay product that it has little detterent effect?
Again there's probably only 1 on e-bay for every 3000 complete systems sold, very low percentage, but I agree it does need addressing and it is being dealt with.

*sighs.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Alarm Guard
Any company salesman would feel the same, who are the "salesmen" that you know?

You are getting confused with the local fascia men who leaflet the area!

I have know for this to be done when the system is in process of being ordered and the sub is suffering from problems, but not as an 'open' timescale.

Ah! Allerton Alarms, I have seen a few near your old office! How long have you been away from Leeds? must be 10 years since, was this the original //.National Installer.//, or the, as is TYCO //.National Installer.//?

Why must there?

I would say that the percentage is still extreemly high.

Says who?

Again there's probably only 1 on e-bay for every 3000 complete systems sold, very low percentage, but I agree it does need addressing and it is being dealt with.

*sighs.

I am talking of pre Tyco days. Perhaps the company has improved on some of these points, but IMO they don't try very hard to control their boxes.

And although you obviously don't agree, I still say that a lot of guys on the marketting side of //.National Installer.// have been quite happy to see lots of //.National Installer.// boxes appearing on buildings regardless of whether there was an alarm behind them.

Item: //.National Installer.// ALARM BELL/SIREN S/LESS STEEL VANDAL RESISTANT (5881767818)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

dg141266 is the seller.

i have taken over a lock up (secure store) prevoius owner didnt pay his bills and lock up vacant for a year, owner of lock up has told me to get rid of all whats left.

cheers

dg141266

Trade Member

Looking at the instruction sheet in the pic it's clear that the box is a graded one that wasn't availible last year :P so it can't have been in a empty lockup for that period :hmm:

Archived