Security Installer Community

Quad PIR's

andyhodson

So what happens when the supply is cut?

59843[/snapback]

If the supply is cut with any system your going to get two detectors in alarm even if they are opposite sides of the building, or did you mean the supply to one TMD then that would be confirmed but then again it would prob be a direct act of sabotage.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Hmmmm Some A_T subbie jobs we once did, it's been a while ago though..

59845[/snapback]

Them using pressure whatever next ?? prob a typo on the spec, like detector fitted in the rear right, when its been put in the front left 'obs' NSI thing.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

No problem Jeff..:) I half expected I might be, but seemed to remember some confusion as to their acceptabillity firstly because as you state above there was a concern about the detectors being too near to each other, and secondly if the feed to the sensor was damaged by any means (possibly by rats etc) then it would create the two activations required un-necessarily.

59842[/snapback]

Dave & Norman some may think im up the NACOSS Ass but be assured i fought this TMD thing to the very end. SSAIB used best judgment and allowed the product (OPTEX SEQUAD) NSI dismissed the idea out of hand. First let

Customers!

So True, the distance appart was a NSI rule of 2.5m but in our local wickes a certain red/white/blue national has not meet this by put a detctor directly under another and in a local tesco a yellow national has done the same and this tesco site has only been open for 8 months, one rule for one another for another type of thing i think.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

So True, the distance appart was a NSI rule of 2.5m

59856[/snapback]

I thought the whole confusion was over the NSI not specifying a distance of separation?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I thought the whole confusion was over the NSI not specifying a distance of separation?

59858[/snapback]

At the start yes, but then they came up with the 2.5m rule as a guidline but only the NSI had this.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

TriTech - dualtec and pressure where did this come from ????

59844[/snapback]

Wonderful bit of kit from Pyronix (Cough) supposed at the time to be the latest thing. //.National Installer.// fitted loads and allegedly removed lots after some strong wind, supposed to of had a rework and now much better.

Still wont fit one good job Pyronix don

Trade Member

We only ever fitted those things ONCE.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived