Security Installer Community

Open Close signals for Residential systems

Guest sjennings

Digicoms only a small percentage, most customers didn't want the facillity and were happy with Alarm Abort instead.

Everything else, always signalling o/c.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Digicoms only a small percentage, most customers didn't want the facillity and were happy with Alarm Abort instead.

Everything else, always signalling o/c.

66813[/snapback]

QFA.

We have a few residential subscribers that have redcare and these all signal open/close, evertyhing else as per Service Eng above.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

how many installers out there signal open/close signals on their residential systems to an ARC?

66812[/snapback]

What is the background to the question if you don't mind me asking?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Ditto to everyone

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

We've still got many digi's on 0800 reporting No's & they send o/c to the ARC, as well as other things such as mains fail. Since our ARC dropped 0800, we ask the client if they want o/c, otherwise it's abort as above.

I predict a thread sometime (not too long) after EN50131 kicks off debating the clients on digi's moaning at their phone bill when digi's have to send daily test signals to the ARC? :whistle:

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I predict a thread sometime (not too long) after EN50131 kicks off debating the clients on digi's moaning at their phone bill when digi's have to send daily test signals to the ARC

We have taken over several systems from a well know national company, that signal open/close on a residential property and use a premium rate number to do it, despite charging a monthly fee for monitoring/maintenance.

Easy money if you can get it. :yes:

Must remeber to give the clients "Watchdogs" number :lol:

Guest sjennings

Thanks for the replies, sorry it's took so long to get back to you. The reason why I asked is that I know of one ARC which states that all new monitored systems should be sending open/closes and they don't differentiate between commercial and Residential premises in terms of alarm handling.

I used to work for a large national where all resi's were set up with the abort facility and it was out of genuine interest that I asked the question.

Thanks again.

Archived