Security Installer Community

Running alarm cable with mains cable/lighting etc

Guest roonster

They were the market leader up until cooper security purchacing them.

Asking what panel is the best is a bit of a subjective question as each eng will have his own opinion, bit like asking which football team is best.

Generaly the Galaxy is considered top of the tree but it's not availible for DIY use and is so difficult to source that even some alarm companies struggle to get hold of it.

link to review HERE.

For DIY use look at Texecom panels as they are available from electrical wholesalers and several online stores that sell to any tom dick or harry.

They have most of the features that the proffesional panels do but are easy to get hold off, I personaly am not a fan but several eng's on here like them.

My personal recommendation would be one of the smaller menvier panels like the 590, that would probably do everything you require link HERE.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

They were the market leader up until cooper security purchacing them.

Asking what panel is the best is a bit of a subjective question as each eng will have his own opinion,  bit like asking which football team is best.

Generaly the Galaxy is considered top of the tree but it's not availible for DIY use and is so difficult to source that even some alarm companies struggle to get hold of it.

link to review HERE.

For DIY use look at Texecom panels as they are available from electrical wholesalers and several online stores that sell to any tom dick or harry.

They have most of the features that the proffesional panels do but are easy to get hold off, I personaly am not a fan but several eng's on here like them.

My personal recommendation would be one of the smaller menvier panels like the 590, that would probably do everything you require link HERE.

Regards

Bellman

64062[/snapback]

dont rate it....the scany 9751 is a good panel and better than the 590/690 menvier anyway...

Guest roonster

oh righty then!!!

the scanny it is then! Lets have a search for them then.

thing is i cant find anyone who sells it.

alertelectrical sell scanny products but not the 9751.

moreton only sell texecom and ade.

Where else could i get it from?

dont rate it....the scany 9751 is a good panel and better than the 590/690 menvier anyway...

64083[/snapback]

They are made by the same company :whistle:

Refer to my comment earlier

Asking what panel is the best is a bit of a subjective question as each eng will have his own opinion,  bit like asking which football team is best.

Regards

Bellman

oh righty then!!!

the scanny it is then! Lets have a search for them then.

thing is i cant find anyone who sells it.

alertelectrical sell scanny products but not the 9751.

moreton only sell texecom and ade.

Where else could i get it from?

64088[/snapback]

As a general rule of thumb, the easier it is to get hold off the less proffesional the panel as high end panels are restricted distribution.

Hence being able to walk into the likes of B&Q and buy the tat they sell.

Every eng on here wouldn't use them to hold a door open. never mind using them to secure their homes.

Have you tried safe direct? link HERE.

If you can't source one then either get your tradesman to get one for you or resort back to the texecom panels, but if you do decide to go for the texecom, avoid the veritas, at least get a premier.

Regards

Bellman

Guest roonster
As a general rule of thumb, the easier it is to get hold off the less proffesional the panel as high end panels are restricted distribution.

Hence being able to walk into the likes of B&Q and buy the tat they sell.

Every eng on here wouldn't use them to hold a door open. never mind using them to secure their homes.

Have you tried safe direct? link HERE.

If you can't source one then either get your tradesman to get one for you or resort back to the texecom panels, but if you do decide to go for the texecom, avoid the veritas, at least get a premier.

Regards

Bellman

64096[/snapback]

hmmm, weird that no one sells the full range online eh?! Either they have a select few or they dont do scantronic/menvier panels.

Either way im gonna get one of them two with the full text display.

How much is the average price for the scanny 9751? Just so i know the trader aint overcharging me just for the panel.

If you cant get a scanny, you should be able to get a Texecom Premier 24, we use them all the time and there are others here who fight their corner.

You will need an 8 zone expander with the kit you are fitting.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived