Security Installer Community

Running alarm cable with mains cable/lighting etc

Guest roonster

Guest roonster

Oh rigthly thanks mate.

Not bad is it! 8 quid for a piece of kit like that.

My cousins alarm is giving alot of false alarms, think ill tell him about this filter. He can get his engineer to fit one in for him - may solve his intermitant faults.

Mind you, my previous alarm used to get similar problems when it was part set too. Maybe that was due to induced current as well.

Hopefully this new install will go smoothly.

Oh rigthly thanks mate.

My cousins alarm is giving alot of false alarms, think ill tell him about this filter. He can get his engineer to fit one in for him - may solve his intermitant faults.

Mind you, my previous alarm used to get similar problems when it was part set too. Maybe that was due to induced current as well.

64043[/snapback]

just makes me think that if it didn't come into mind of that engineer it might not be wise to use him anymore..?

:question:

Oh rigthly thanks mate.

64043[/snapback]

They are superb bits of kit,

I make my own though, only 3 caps and some wire, costs about £1.20 to make yourself.

The false alarm problems could be for a multitude of reasons, but induced AC causes a lot of problems. As does faulty batteries because when the mains voltage dips or surges the alarm power supply dips with it causing detectors to drop out.

A good healthy battery can keep the supply to the detectors constant therefore avoiding the problems.

It is VERY important to have your alarm serviced regularly to keep it in good condition and to nip any small problems in the bud before they turn into major problems at half 3 in the morning... after all, you wouldn't buy a new car and not ever bother servicing it would you?

Hope this helps and clarifies a few things

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest roonster
just makes me think that if it didn't come into mind of that engineer it might not be wise to use him anymore..?

:question:

64046[/snapback]

I dont think he has called the engineer out yet! Its fairly intermitant, so i dont think he has bothered. Like once every few months. But ill let him know that there could be a possible quick fix.

Guest roonster
They are superb bits of kit,

I make my own though, only 3 caps and some wire, costs about £1.20 to make yourself.

The false alarm problems could be for a multitude of reasons, but induced AC causes a lot of problems. As does faulty batteries because when the mains voltage dips or surges the alarm power supply dips with it causing detectors to drop out.

A good healthy battery can keep the supply to the detectors constant therefore avoiding the problems.

It is VERY important to have your alarm serviced regularly to keep it in good condition and to nip any small problems in the bud before they turn into major problems at half 3 in the morning... after all, you wouldn't buy a new car and not ever bother servicing it would you?

Hope this helps and clarifies a few things

Regards

Bellman

64047[/snapback]

yup, thanks mate..

we are opting for the scantronic 9800 panel from this place:

http://www.alarmdetectionsupplies.co.uk/cart/index.htm

i think they are the cheapest supplier of the scantronic 9800 panel.

I hear this is a good quality panel. Infact it is the later version of the panel i had installed about 5 years back! That was a scatronic 9800 as well. Just the key pad etc were slightly different to the current range.

So do the guys on this site recomend this panel? or is it getting outdated. Or simply being updated by scantronic but using the same model nuumber.

The 9800 series has been in production since the ice melted :P

Good solid reliable panel though, you may want to consider the 9600 series instead, exactly the same but with LCD alphanumeric display rather than 7 segment LED.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest roonster

I cant seem to find the 9600 panel on the net. Ive searched a few sites that do the 9800 and they dont do the 9600 :(

So the 9600 has text instead of just a few numbers and lcds on the 9800.

Is the 9600 a lower model as 9800 is higher up? Or are alarm system models not done like that.

I cant actually find the brochure for it on the scantronic site. Maybe they dont make it anymore?

http://www.scantronic.co.uk/Literature.asp...0&optLanguage=1

Actually having looked at the scantronic site ive just noticed that the 9800 is OBSOLETE!!

Should i really go for this panel at all then? Or any other of the obselte panels?

We don't use Scantronic anymore, but any obsolete panel will have been replaceed by a newer model, and I am sure someone here will tell you what it is.

LCD displays give you proper english text i.e. time and date that system was set, unset, names of users, zone descriptors etc., rather than LED displays which can't provide the same information.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest roonster

ok cheers. So i guess that rules out the 9800. Cant seem to find any decent scantronic panels anymore then.

Maybe i need to widen my horizons a little. I thought scantronic were the dogs cahoonaa's in the alarm world!

Any other recomendations. The layout has 7 sensors, 2 panic buttons, 1 entry door contact, 1 shock sensor.

Archived