Security Installer Community

re: FSL connections on alarm system

Guest DeltaZX

Damn mobile internet on ipaq Steve.

it errored 4 times and said it hadn't posted :smash:

sorted now though :unsure:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest deltaZX
those detectors were never sold seperately, they are //.National Installer.// property, i'd be interested to know who on ebay sold you them and i'll chase it up. as the dealer is in violation of his contract and should be prosecuted.

and no way would i help u wire up stolen property.

sorry if this sounds harsh but people like that dealer really wind me up. :realmad:

he's sold you stolen goods and you are guilty of recieving. ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law and there is no warranty or tech info available for them.

i suggest you visit an electrical wholesalers and buy some you can actually use.

regards

Bellman

54427[/snapback]

Well.....that's pretty harsh alright. The way I understood things was that the dealer who sold them to me had purchased the detectors direct from tyco - in that sense, they are his property as per the terms of his particular //.National Installer.// dealership contract. I may be wrong, I'm simply stating the 'facts' as I understand them.

By the way, the detectors aren't branded as //.National Installer.// like a lot of their items, whether this makes any difference, I don't know...

If you are correct in the goods being 'stolen', then firstly, it has to be proven that they are stolen, the onus being on whoever wants to recover the property/bring a claim against me, to prove that thet are stolen - very difficult in law terms in this particular situation. However, if a claim against me was succesful, I would have claims against the individual who sold them to me in the first place, Ebay for being third party to selling stolen property and for broadcasting publicly, stolen goods for sale, PayPal for being third party to my card transaction that purchased the stolen goods, and finally, my credit card company, who are jointly liable with paypal for my purchase of stolen goods from Ebay....in theory, the whole case just wouldn't get off the ground under any circumstances.

I assume that you are an //.National Installer.// installer of some sort? I understand what you are saying and if I were you I'd be making the point harshly too!

As far as I am aware, they were only to be sold "as fitted" they were never available for sale to third parties.

So since you have them new and uninstalled they are not Kosher

I'll assume they were some stock that the dealer you got them off "forgot" to return to stores.

as for proving the point, did he give you a reciept for them? :whistle:

If not can I have the dealers name please? and i'll check with the office. :police:

If they are ligitimate i'll happily appologise but I fail to see how this can be.

pretty ironic really, hooky alarm parts :no:

Please don't think I'm having a go at your good self, it is the dealer who sold you them I have issues with.

as for Being an installer, heaven no, i'm service, terminal driver only ;)

Regards

Bellman

I've been to an office complex this week to service the fire alarm and they have had 3 extra smoke detectors fitted by a local sparks company of good rep, these are badged //.National Installer.//, are they nicked too?

Fire Member

I've been to an office complex this week to service the fire alarm and they have had 3 extra smoke detectors fitted by a local sparks company of good rep, these are badged //.National Installer.//, are they nicked too?

54567[/snapback]

They are a different detector

The one's he's refering to is the SGU-601

Regards

Bellman

The conventional ones for fire come it 2 diff flavours.

they are identical apart from one is badged //.National Installer.// the other isn't. it is unusual to find badged up detectors though because as i said earlier, the branded stuff is for internal use only.

second hand detectors perhaps that they have ripped out from a takeover?

they are different detectors from the one that the dealers fitted.

The SGU-601 (12v version) was specifically manufactured for domestic installs by //.National Installer.//.

Regards

Bellman

Guest livewire

How about some //.National Installer.// embroided tshirt or //.National Installer.// leather organiser available from Ebay too :no: ?

If anyone it should be //.National Installer.// taking this up with Ebay and monitor for these items being sold publicly then have them removed banghead.

If one (especialy novice who has seen //.National Installer.// yellow boxes on properties everywhere and thinks it's the best) makes a purchase through Ebay, how would he / she know if the item was never available to public and is legitimate :whistle::smash: ?

They do monitor it and I have complained to ebay myself on several occasions.

as long as ebay get their money they really couldn't care less. :no:

How do they know if it's legitimate you ask? simple, if it has the //.National Installer.// branding on it and it's new then it's nicked, simple as that.

As I said in a previous post, I don't blame the guy who bought it, I blame the people who sell it. but in the eyes of the law, the purchaser is equally as guilty.

One thing I won't do though is explain how to connect the hooky stuff up, because if I do I am both condoning the practice and encouraging it.

Regards

Bellman

Archived