Security Installer Community

re: FSL connections on alarm system

Guest DeltaZX

At the bottom of this post there is a little blue button that says pm, that's private message, you can send me a pm from there.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

dont you have to be a member to use PMs?

54895[/snapback]

yeah, deltaZX i would propose you to be a member for PM'ing..

Guest canadiak24
Hello! Can anyone help me with an urgent problem of mine please? I am currently fitting a scantronic 9752 system and am using a FSL (fully supervised loop) connection process. I am finding it pretty straight forward as I've had a lot of experience (non-professionally) of installing security systems, but when it comes to wiring magnetic contacts on doors, I have a problem!!! Where do I fit resistors across the magnetic contact to complete the FSL connection? The PIR's and other sensors are using 2K and 4K resistors to differenciate between tamper and alarm conditions and I jusrt can't get my head around what to do with the magnetic contacts, because obviously, there are only two connection points..!!

Can anyone help me with this please?

Another problem I have is regarding standard tamper connections....for example, I have a PSU which is tamper protected, but how do I incorporate just a tamper connection into a fully supervised loop? The global anti tamper terminals are nulled when FSL wiring is selected, so that option is out!

Any suggestions?

The final problem I'm having with the system is with a very specific type of sensor...I have two SGU 601 carbon monoxide/fire detectors - made by Tyco, //.National Installer.// use them...they're the only 12V fire detectors //.National Installer.// use.... I have two that I'd like to wire into my FSL alarm system - the problem is the connections are alien to me!! There are five connection points on each sensor - they are R , M , L, L1 and L2. Does anyone know which connections are for tamper, alarm etc...?

OK folks, I hope someone out there has the knowledge for me to succeed with this ambitious installation! Thank you very much in advance to anyone able to help me

54216[/snapback]

OK i think the magnetic contacts thing has already been addressed well...

Mods, over here.

Canadiak24, if you could please remove your posting and read the entire thread before replying.

Thankyou.

Guest canadiak24
I've got two SGU601's, I actually purchased them from an ex-//.National Installer.// dealership owner off......EBAY! I know a lot of folk don't trust what gets sold on ebay but I can honestly say I have purchased numerous items from there now and haven't had any problems at all - and it was all brand new stuff....although very few brand new //.National Installer.// items can be sold on there now, obviously because //.National Installer.// have the right to protect their copyrighted logo and name!!!

And yep, i definately do have the bases for the sgu601's! Its just those darn connections!

54422[/snapback]

Honestly is there nothing people won't sell on ebay??!! You canget away wid anything on ebay these days! Make sure if anyone asks, you tell them //.National Installer.// stuff you bought was second hand. and yep your right //.National Installer.// does have the right to protect their image/logo/name/brand! if you're gonna install branded //.National Installer.// stuff, make sure it works well and is wired up correctly etc etc

Guest canadiak24
Mods, over here.

Canadiak24, if you could please remove your posting and read the entire thread before replying.

Thankyou.

55037[/snapback]

Ahh! New to this and didn'rt c other pages! That makes the situation interesting! this could get serious

Guest canadiak24
I've got two SGU601's, I actually purchased them from an ex-//.National Installer.// dealership owner off......EBAY! I know a lot of folk don't trust what gets sold on ebay but I can honestly say I have purchased numerous items from there now and haven't had any problems at all - and it was all brand new stuff....although very few brand new //.National Installer.// items can be sold on there now, obviously because //.National Installer.// have the right to protect their copyrighted logo and name!!!

And yep, i definately do have the bases for the sgu601's! Its just those darn connections!

54422[/snapback]

It doesn't suprise me that u got those off ebay. I can see u'v opened a can of worms though. you probably won't find the wiring instrucs for the sgu601's anyhow, best to buy some 12v detectors n use them instead. As for them being stolen goods, i'm not convinced. If it was an //.National Installer.// ex-delaership owner that sold them to you, then he or she would have paid outright for them direct from tyco in letchworth, so they will have been legit. But all that is irrelevant now isn't it? cos you can't wire them up? Good luck wid that one mate, if you do decide to attempt wiring can you broadcast it over the net?I'd love to see it!!!! OK, taking the p*** aside, i'd just move on mate, //.National Installer.// make their connections foreign exactly for this reason, so only limited people have the knowledge to wire them , protection of their brand/logo/name etc

• 3 years later...
This might help a bit mate

HI !

I can't open the JPG. Says permission denied....

..... BUT I THINK IT WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM TOO....

I try to connect a cable reed sensor to my FU8320 (ABUS) ...

...so 2 wires, 2 Screw clamp (ALARM) and 2 resistors 2k2 4k7.....

.... can anyone tell me how to connect them.....

2k2 from one screw clamp to the ohter....

4k7 from screw clamp to wire ?!

THX

Archived