Security Installer Community

re: FSL connections on alarm system

Guest DeltaZX

Does the fact that someone installing a professional intruder alarm hasn't a clue as to how a tamper loop works not worry anyone?

Does the fact that someone installing a professional intruder alarm hasn't a clue as to how a tamper loop works not worry anyone?

54369[/snapback]

A bit - but he does say he has limited experience. If it was anything more technical or more delicate then we would have to limit our response Stuart.

Dave.

Guest DeltaZX
A bit - but he does say he has limited experience.  If it was anything more technical or more delicate then we would have to limit our response Stuart.

Dave.

54371[/snapback]

OK smart guys.... lets see if you can solve the problems listed in my original request for info - could you tell me what the connections are on the SGU601? Anything constructive? I don't normally give a reaction to your types of comment, as they are about as useful as a sunroof in a parachute, but i'm feeling fragile at this moment at the suggestion that I'm installing a professional system without knowledge of tamper loops! This is the first time I have used FSL wiring - tamper issues with standard closed circuits are no problem, but hey, we've all got to start somewhere with new things. I always thought it was the guts to give something a go that counted....

OK smart guys.... lets see if you can solve the problems listed in my original request for info - could you tell me what the connections are on the SGU601? Anything constructive? I don't normally give a reaction to your types of comment, as they are about as useful as a sunroof in a parachute, but i'm feeling fragile at this moment at the suggestion that I'm installing a professional system without knowledge of tamper loops! This is the first time I have used FSL wiring - tamper issues with standard closed circuits are no problem, but hey, we've all got to start somewhere with new things. I always thought it was the guts to give something a go that counted....

54379[/snapback]

I was defending you! :smash:

OK smart guys.... lets see if you can solve the problems listed in my original request for info - could you tell me what the connections are on the SGU601?

54379[/snapback]

Not if you're going to be like that.

Where u got a sgu601 co detector from?

and have you got the base for it?

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

it is just interesting that you did it correctly WITH tamper switch but got lost when you didn't have one..

If in normal stage you need to have 0ohms over tamper switch and you happen to have a detector which doesn't have a tamper switch.. why not just to ignore it?? :blink:

Georg - Im sorry mate - but im not quite sure what you said there??

54385[/snapback]

He said there's nothing complicated about tamper loops, FSL, DP, EOL, DEOL or otherwise.

Archived