Security Installer Community

re: FSL connections on alarm system

Guest DeltaZX

Guest DeltaZX

Hello! Can anyone help me with an urgent problem of mine please? I am currently fitting a scantronic 9752 system and am using a FSL (fully supervised loop) connection process. I am finding it pretty straight forward as I've had a lot of experience (non-professionally) of installing security systems, but when it comes to wiring magnetic contacts on doors, I have a problem!!! Where do I fit resistors across the magnetic contact to complete the FSL connection? The PIR's and other sensors are using 2K and 4K resistors to differenciate between tamper and alarm conditions and I jusrt can't get my head around what to do with the magnetic contacts, because obviously, there are only two connection points..!!

Can anyone help me with this please?

Another problem I have is regarding standard tamper connections....for example, I have a PSU which is tamper protected, but how do I incorporate just a tamper connection into a fully supervised loop? The global anti tamper terminals are nulled when FSL wiring is selected, so that option is out!

Any suggestions?

The final problem I'm having with the system is with a very specific type of sensor...I have two SGU 601 carbon monoxide/fire detectors - made by Tyco, //.National Installer.// use them...they're the only 12V fire detectors //.National Installer.// use.... I have two that I'd like to wire into my FSL alarm system - the problem is the connections are alien to me!! There are five connection points on each sensor - they are R , M , L, L1 and L2. Does anyone know which connections are for tamper, alarm etc...?

OK folks, I hope someone out there has the knowledge for me to succeed with this ambitious installation! Thank you very much in advance to anyone able to help me

Guest DeltaZX
This might help a bit mate

54223[/snapback]

Already got that info mate in my scantronic literature - thanks anyway, maybe you've got other suggestions?

Already got that info mate in my scantronic literature - thanks anyway, maybe you've got other suggestions?

54226[/snapback]

Yep Norman is doing you a drawing as we speak mate.

Guest DeltaZX
Is my pic any clearer?

54227[/snapback]

Thanks, the pic is a lot clearer! Yep, it confirms that I've been wiring up the PIR's correctly, so that's good, but i'm stuck with regards to magnetic contacts...the pic you've shown, shows tamper and alarm connections, but on magnetic contacts, there are only two alarm connections, no tamp connections....so i'm stuck on how to arrange resistors across the only two alarm connections on the magnetic contacts!

Thanks for your help so far though, very much appreciated - and fast response times!

cheers

Right then,

1st twist two of the resistor legs together, place the 4.7k across the silver screws (contact reed) like the pic, then place the remaining 2.2k leg to a spare brass coloured screw and conect the remaining wire from the control to this and the contact.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest DeltaZX
Right then,

1st twist two of the resistor legs together, place the 4.7k across the silver screws (contact reed) like the pic, then place the remaining 2.2k leg to a spare brass coloured screw and conect the remaining wire from the control to this and the contact.

54231[/snapback]

Thanx very much mate, appreciated!

Archived