Security Installer Community

Infinite alarm by ESP

Guest brum1969

Ian , experience. Usual scenario new build house with laminate floors everywhere so hard wired was impossible as i dont touch laminate or tile floors. I was going to use the usuall 500r but the bell dialer and mains cable was going to be a PITA to do so i used one of the infiniti as i wanted a hard wire external sounder ( or i would of used a powermax ) . anyway to cut a long story short 12 FAs in 3 weeks and two pcbs later i changed it for the powermax and its been fine since.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Why didnt you say that before, "its cack" isnt exactly answering the guys question and isnt really giving him a reason to take notice of your comments.

Your experience of this system should be added to the reviews section for future reference!

Try the new cooper security 868mhz narrow band wire free. Ive heard its very very reliable.Think its called Homelink, got lots of usefull features.

Also was you not offered an alarm system when you purchsed your house. Most new houses have at least 1st fix cabling in place incase you want an alarm at a later date.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

I do have to admit I would personally not chose the Infinite this is due to personal experience. Also price is very steep even for trade. The only thing and I mean the only thing I found useful was the domestic appliance control devises that would work with the alarm system. My advice is either as the lads have stated already is go down the hard wired route or get a few quotes for a class 6 wireless system professionally installed. ;)

Most new houses have at least 1st fix cabling in place incase you want an alarm at a later date.

Chris

47008[/snapback]

Yes, I got called to one recently.

"Should be a simple job mate got all the cabling in already"

No cable for rear door contact

Landing pir cable in a stupid place

4 core external sounder cable

No fused spur or even sockets to spur off anywhere near where it all came out

Remote keypad? Never heard of that!

This was a big estate so I would imagine all houses the same.

banghead

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Guest brum1969
Try the new cooper security 868mhz narrow band wire free. Ive heard its very very reliable.Think its called Homelink, got lots of usefull features.

Also was you not offered an alarm system when you purchsed your house. Most new houses have at least 1st fix cabling in place incase you want an alarm at a later date.

Chris

47008[/snapback]

Chris,

Thanks for your advice about the cooper alarm which I will check out.

As for your comment about new houses, an alarm can not be added after the wiring has been completed. By the time we were offered the house, they had started to plaster it so we could not have one fitted.

Ian , experience. Usual scenario new build house with laminate floors everywhere so hard wired was impossible as i dont touch laminate or tile floors. I was going to use the usuall 500r but the bell dialer and mains cable was going to be a PITA to do so i used one of the infiniti as i wanted a hard wire external sounder ( or i would of used a powermax )  . anyway to cut a long story short 12 FAs in 3 weeks and two pcbs later i changed it for the powermax and its been fine since.

46965[/snapback]

Minister_Man,

I have to agree with Ian that when you wrote that the Infiniti was cack, I took no notice of your post as you didn't explain yourself. Having explained yourself it seems like you do know what you're talking about and your opinion has been duly noted.

I think personally that I like the idea of a wireless alarm with an X10 module built in. The fact that the Infiniti complies with the new EN 50131 standard made me think that it must be good. It would be nice to know how long ago Minister_Man had these problems with it as they may have been ironed out.

Been a novice at this, does EN 50131 compliance mean that the alarm is very good quality? Or does it just mean that the alarm has just pasted some tests which have no baring on its reliability?

A good wireless system that I could install myself would be preferable. If not, a good hard wired one would have to be second choice. I would prefer to do it myself to save on the on-going maintenance charges. The Veritas 8 that I have at the moment works fine and is easy to configure as I have the installers guide for it.

Kind regards

Brum1969

Chris,

Thanks for your advice about the cooper alarm which I will check out.

As for your comment about new houses, an alarm can not be added after the wiring has been completed.  By the time we were offered the house, they had started to plaster it so we could not have one fitted.

Minister_Man,

I have to agree with Ian that when you wrote that the Infiniti was cack, I took no notice of your post as you didn't explain yourself.  Having explained yourself it seems like you do know what you're talking about and your opinion has been duly noted.

I think personally that I like the idea of a wireless alarm with an X10 module built in.  The fact that the Infiniti complies with the new EN 50131 standard made me think that it must be good.  It would be nice to know how long ago Minister_Man had these problems with it as they may have been ironed out.

Been a novice at this, does EN 50131 compliance mean that the alarm is very good quality? Or does it just mean that the alarm has just pasted some tests which have no baring on its reliability?

A good wireless system that I could install myself would be preferable.  If not, a good hard wired one would have to be second choice.  I would prefer to do it myself to save on the on-going maintenance charges.  The Veritas 8 that I have at the moment works fine and is easy to configure as I have the installers guide for it.

Kind regards

Brum1969

47074[/snapback]

Brum we install the new Gardtec wireless systems. it boast many features and can be both hardwired and wireless depending on what goes where. I see you want the garage protected by your alarm the system mentioned would be great as you could hardwire the detectors in the garage and still keep your wireless options in the property also the control panel and the bell box are hardwired giving more reliability. The only trouble is its only available trade.

Archived